Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > craft.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
markreed
mouseman

Re: All The Mixes
Incidentally, there are three more I'll probably do "Bird 1", "Scribble", "Diamond Jigsaw", and maybe "Bruce Lee". If all done, that'll be 24 mixes in chronological order.

(I've tried the mixes of "Juanita/Kiteless/To Dream Of Love", "Cups" and "Banstyle" and those just don't work successfully yet, so I'm canning then).
Old 01-28-2015, 02:31 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

when all this is done, these should go up on the tracker as the "markreed mega mega remix pack"
Old 01-28-2015, 02:34 PM
markreed
mouseman

When I get the hang of the tracker, I'll put those up myself... I'll be at the Hammersmith gig so if anyone wants to buy me a pint, be my guest
Old 01-29-2015, 11:10 AM
markreed
mouseman

Here's another one : http://www.mixcloud.com/mrmarkreed/u...etch-a-sketch/

"Scribble (Etch-A-Sketch)". Remix and re-edit of Underworld's 2010 track "Scribble". Edited and mixed in WavePad/MixPad January 2015, using 320bps MP3's of "LP Version", "Instrumental", "Netsky Mix", "You Do Scribble (Lemonworld)", and "Underworld Single Mix". I've used the promo CD as there's no commercial release (and the LP mix is then mastered consistently with the other mixes).

Quick guide to edits :

a. Ending bar of Instrumental lopped and faded in
b. LP mix to around 1.18
c. Instrumental version to around 2.30
d. First verse and chorus of Radio Edit to approx 4.18
e. Crossfade with Netsky mix at bridge, with re-edit of first Netsky verse and structure to 8.47
f. LP mix verse 2, first chorus, and second chorus to 10.57
g. Crossfade into Lemonworld demo at 10.57

Will be on Dropbox tonight.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:44 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I'm really enjoying this scribble one, about halfway through the netsky section, so far.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:31 AM
markreed
mouseman

Here's my version of "Cups".

http://www.mixcloud.com/mrmarkreed/u...uble-gulp-mix/

Only two mixes to start with, but hopefully not too bad. It's on my Dropbox. Have fun.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:40 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Gotta give you credit for ambition and thoroughness! I think the most successful/ interesting mixes are those where the remixes deviate a lot from the original. Otherwise, the repetition can get old or sound basically like listening to the remix CD through, only without an inter track pause . In DJ mixes I do, I think mixing two versions of a track can be effective. Variety is the spice of life!
Still, great effort on these. I've made my share of UW mixes and have enjoyed the creativity of mixes posted by dirties here.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:29 AM
markreed
mouseman

I know exactly what you mean. The approach I always take is not a radical remix, but more thinking of the original Underworld version as an edit of a much longer track, and seeing what I can do to add elements and sounds from the other released versions, rearranged, with occasional edits, effects and so on. It may seem strange but to me, 13 minutes of "Mmmm Skyscraper" doesn't feel long enough!
Old 02-13-2015, 11:38 AM
markreed
mouseman

Here's ANOTHER one.

https://www.mixcloud.com/mrmarkreed/...uce-goose-mix/

February 2015 remix/re-edit of Underworld's 2011 single "Bird 1", made using original stems, and elements of the Underworld LP mix, Radio Edit, Instrumental. Farfletched, SBTRKT Remix, Clouds Mix, Lone Remix, and Mark Broom Vocal Mix. 19minutes 58 seconds.

It's in the Dropbox.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:42 AM
markreed
mouseman

Last one. https://www.mixcloud.com/mrmarkreed/...-extended-mix/

Extended Version of "Diamond Jigsaw" made using WavePad/MixPad. February 2015 remix/re-edit of Underworld's 2011 single "Diamond Jigsaw" featuring relements from "Underworld Mix", "Barking Demo", "Moguai Mix", "Morgan Page Mix", "Wagon Cookin Mix", "James Dean Bradfield Mix", and "Expensive Looks Version". Basic re-edit - not one of the 30 minutes mixes, just tried to create a long and fun version of the track, looping and layering the isolated guitar parts for a new intro, slicing in the Moguai verse, then looping and re-layering a mid track breakdown. It's on Dropbox. Have fun!

And here, unless something happens, is the end of it, at 7 hours 41 minutes and about 30 seconds.