Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
I'm still _hoping_ to get one done in time, but I've been having serious laptop issues (not to mention being deluged with work). So I'm dubious at the moment if it'll come off by the deadline.
Yeah, me too. Oh well.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

I've had a lot of fun, a lot of frustration, a lot of false starts, and a lot of tea (some of which went cold) but at last, it's done and submitted. Along the way it was rocking out with loads of heavy metal guitars, at times it was up to 27 minutes long and mostly beatless, and once it resembled born slippy.nuxx too closely, but finally it's ended up as a downbeat bass-heavy semi-ambient excursion with a bit of rock, a bit of sax(!), a bit of experimentation, and a lot of underworld. I did have to chop 6 of the 14 and a half minutes out to get under beatport's file size limit though :-/

You can hear the 2nd remastering of the 7th mixdown of the 8th version of my 3rd attempt at remixing Bird 1 here:

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...-1-lx-nen-mix/
Old 10-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx_Nen View Post
I've had a lot of fun, a lot of frustration, a lot of false starts, and a lot of tea (some of which went cold) but at last, it's done and submitted. Along the way it was rocking out with loads of heavy metal guitars, at times it was up to 27 minutes long and mostly beatless, and once it resembled born slippy.nuxx too closely, but finally it's ended up as a downbeat bass-heavy semi-ambient excursion with a bit of rock, a bit of sax(!), a bit of experimentation, and a lot of underworld. I did have to chop 6 of the 14 and a half minutes out to get under beatport's file size limit though :-/

You can hear the 2nd remastering of the 7th mixdown of the 8th version of my 3rd attempt at remixing Bird 1 here:

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...-1-lx-nen-mix/
Updated!

Wow sounds great man! well done i quite like it!

Good luck!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:14 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Several of these mixes are better than anything on the official remix package.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:58 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwho View Post
Persistence has nothing to do with it really.. cus you can only vote for a song once per user.. you can vote for as many as you like , so everyone should be able to vote for all the dirties.. but you cant vote for the same song twice!

So really its about who has the largest fan base... and even then getting the most spins will only guarentee you a $150 voucher... you still have to come in the top three out of the twenty that make the cut..

10 most spinned
10 beatport team picks

so really what we should be aiming for is to get as many of us as possible into the top 10 spins wise!

Is there anyone else who has done a mix?
I meant persistence in a way that the fans still have to be anxious for their act making no. 1 weeks after they first heard about the remix contest. In the age of the proverbial fast-paced media landscape, this might be rather demanding on some people's attentiveness.

Also, as is often the case in Internet contests, fraud will probably tip the scales to a certain extent in favour of a fanbase with a certain media literacy: Double-voting and swaying the play count don't seem too much of a problem, what with multiple Beatport accounts and multiple IP addresses.

Anyway, I agree with your pledge to spread the word (and IP addresses) and not stop spinning the dirty contributions. Will comply now from work...
Old 10-31-2010, 04:47 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Beatport seem well aware of this. Spin count is used as a way of filtering down the submissions to help build a shortlist that the band will judge. In this case it's the ten with most spins, and a further 10 chosen by beatportal's staff. There are 4 prizes, with a total value of $5550, of which just $50 goes to the one with most spins.

Basically, spins are good, and if the dirties can get ours into the top 10 then they will definitely get heard by the band (which is a prize in itself, imho), but there is also a safety net for mixes that are good, but don't have a fanbase.

Btw, voting hasn't started yet - the voting period is 2nd to 16th November.

Last edited by Lx_Nen; 10-31-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
tomorrow vote dirty vote dirty vote dirty vote dirty vote dirty vote dirty......
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 AM
timsk
meet the uncles of wise

hello

I've done one too, here's the Uncles of Wise version:

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...lue-smoke-mix/

Most appreciative of any votes/listens. It's a bit rough round the edges but hey, there we are.

cheers

Tim
Old 11-01-2010, 12:41 PM
vflow
defrosting machinery

Quote:
Originally Posted by vflow View Post
I'm still working on mine.
Guess I won't get much sleep this weekend. But coffee. Much, much coffee.
Done!

Here it is:
http://www.beatportal.com/remix/deta...defrost-remix/

Hope you like it.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:23 PM
reactorstudios
Ken

Re: VOTE DIRTY: Dirty Beatport Remix Submissions: voting period is 2nd-16th November
Hello All.
I've been lurking on the dirty forums since, oh, around '98, I guess. It was a much different beast back then. Good times.
I had to finally sign-up and post something when the remixes started rolling in. There is massive talent in this community. Congratulations to everyone that submitted. I'll be spinning them all throughout the week.

I've been writing and recording short loops and phrases of this and that for the last ten years and for this contest have finally completed my first ever track. Recording is easy, mixing and do-it-yourself 'mastering' are the tricky parts.
Please check out my mix and share your thoughts. It's a sparse mix completely rebuilt around the vocal and a bubbling nord lead or two. I'd love to hear suggestions/feedback from the dirty crew.

http://www.beatportal.com/remix/detail/bird1-invasion-mix/

Thanks all!