Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2008, 02:27 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Prague 9/2/08
Awesome music performance, KOS with minimal beat, Moaner with some awesome techno intro and of course Beautiful Burnout and many more great moments from the show, thanks!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:41 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: Prague 9/2/08
I’ve been reading the posts for a while here but this is my first post…so hello to all!

Though I would try to post some info about the Prague gig, but my memory is a bit flaky!

They started with Bamboo, then they lost power after about 7/8mins…. The crowd were pretty cool about the power-loss. They seemed to loose power to the PA and staging lights. At first the Underworld laptops were on, but then they had to reboot them. Karl Hyde seemed kept dancing for a while after the power loss which was funny.

There was a 10-15min break and they came back and played a great version of Rez. Then they played that new track with the voice on a loop (they played it at the end of Glam Bucket in Manchester).

I can’t remember the exact order or the names of all the ‘in-between’ jams, but they roughly played:

Bamboo
Rez
Little Speaker or Air Towel (I think it was one of those two)
Crocodile
improv?
Glam bucket
BB
poem?
BS
Spikee
Two Months Off
improv?
You Do Scribble
KoS
Jumbo
Cheery Pie (I think?)
improv?
Moaner

I have to say Cherry Pie was absolutely excellent!!! It worked really well as the first song of the encore.

They played an interesting version of Jumbo – it had that Price drum loop all the way through from start to finish. It’s the loop from the track they played before Moaner in Manchester.

I would guess about 5,000 people (sold out) and a good lively crowd! No sign of the live cd’s (although apparently mine have been dispatched by liveherenow )

A great night.

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 02-11-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:56 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the report.

The track with the vocal loop is a Price piece called "Everybody Jack." The drum loop one often played with or near Jumbo is another Price piece called "Nicodemus."
Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

mornin'

it was a fine nite in a nice venue. nicely decked out, cloakroom, friendly bar staff (got to know them v well ), clean toilets, a cool chillout room and the soundsytem was good too. lots of tv cameras so hopefully we'll see some good quality footage turning up on youtube. underworld were on much later than i'd expected - 00:15 - after various sets from the support dj, some punkpoprock band from germany (electronic beats, anyone?), modeSelektor and their champagne spraying antics, and alter ego...

by the time underworld came on the place was absolutely rammed (a bit too rammed for my liking but then i've been spoiled at gigs like lux) with a v up for it crowd. i was loving the opener - bamboo - which had got quite a long way through when it stopped very suddenly. the crowd cheered (prob lots of people thought it was intentional) but rick & darren looked shocked and a bit peed off. uw quietly shuffled off - not happy - and malcolm (is it?) rebooted everything. the crowd kept encouraging them back on and eventually i think the problem was solved and they came back for their first encore! karl apologised for the power problems and they played a stormin rez/cowgirl... i think possibly uw were not v relaxed after the problem - poss not sure if it would happen again? - but the crowd kept cheerin' em on...

me + brain divided by beer wont go, so my setlist memory is hazy too! i think whatmakesustick (welcome ) has it just about right. i think the third track was actually banstyle which sounded ace. they deffo did youdoscribble too i agree it was a good version of jumbo - it was the same jazzy drum loop version that was on uw myspace. the encore was chery pie and moaner and we loved it

see y'all at the end of feb

jono

p.s. just found this which shows the moment it all stopped:

and here's karl saying sorry, and the start of rez/cowgirl
Old 02-11-2008, 07:34 AM
sanakan
junkie-criminal-fugitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick
I’ve been reading the posts for a while here but this is my first post…so hello to all!
hi & welcome to the boards! and thanks for the tracklist, even if it's a bit flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick
Bamboo
Rez
Little Speaker or Air Towel (I think it was one of those two)
Crocodile
improv?
Glam bucket
BB
poem?
BS
Spikee
Two Months Off
improv?
You Do Scribble
KoS
Jumbo
Cheery Pie (I think?)
improv?
Moaner
little speaker or air towel? wow! and spikee? cherry pie! seems like an awfully nice set!

[QUOTE=gaborez]uw quietly shuffled off - not happy - and malcolm (is it?) rebooted everything.

thanks for the review, gaborez! malcom rebooted? i don't know the venue, but it seems to me the lights & pa gave out, a fault of the venue-owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborez
p.s. just found this which shows the moment it all stopped:

and here's karl saying sorry, and the start of rez/cowgirl
nice, i love how they go nuts on the blackout - and when they recognize rez
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 AM
lloyd
bungalow

Welcome to the boards. Thanks for the review and the setlist.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:57 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

What was really amazing of this gig was that Improv before Moaner at the end of the show. It was straight techno, very uplifting, and Im really excited if there is some copy of that Improv from other gigs.

It is really "must hear"