New jam building into...
Cowgirl with downpipe lyrics at end
Rez
Spoonman
Pearls Girl
KIng of Snake
You Do Scribble
Between stars
Nuxx with balloons - karl reveals stripey shirt not seen since 1996!
Two months off w guitar w twisted interlude
Dark train
Rowla w guitar
Moaner
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Re: Singapore Fried Underworld
Great setlist! Hope (as always) that someone took the time to record this...

...Rowla with guitar?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

Today's diary by Karl:
"... 25 minute version of Cowgirl/Rez ..."
Old 09-25-2009, 12:38 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

I think I would die and go to heaven if that happened at a show I was at. Any confirmation on that from anyone who happened to be at the show whose name starts with an S?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:25 PM
ndrwrld
blue

confirmation ?
i'd believe anything straight from the mouth of Karl...

Old 09-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyAdv View Post
Today's diary by Karl:
"... 25 minute version of Cowgirl/Rez ..."
Somebody better have recorded this. I'll go mad if I can't hear something that completely awesome.
Maybe we'll get lucky and they taped it for that barrage of live movies they promised a while back!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 AM
stimpee
Administrator

here's my song breakdown of the gig. the place itself was a massive aircraft hanger of a conference hall and could never have been filled. it was about 1/3 full with a respectable crowd. organisers seemed greedy selling $130sgd tickets for VIP which basically put you in a pen at the back and gave you the option of buying a bottle of expensive champagne. There should have been at least a complimentary drink or somewhere to sit down in there.

The regular tickets were half that price and were even on sale buy 1 get 1 free in the run up to the gig. No idea what the VVIP tickets got you...

looped intro with spoonman sample
-this was just on for a few mins before they took the stage. i got a sample of it on my cam.

New jam building into...
Rez
- seems that they are all one and the same. I did get a recording of the long intro jam though. in the beginning it wasnt really identifiable as rez cowgirl

Spoonman
-fairly standard spoonman. always good to hear!

Pearls Girl
- this had a nice sense of urgency about it and was faster than the album version. they tend to make it faster when played live (no, its not just the ECG where everything was 3% faster!)

King of Snake
- no green laser but theres this video screen with green bands at the back moving from left to right.

You Do Scribble
- no small conker intro this time. it just kicked in and was a great version.

Between stars
- this one still doesnt have an intro or a finish but really got the crowd going and they seemed to like it. i got this on vid. got them moving just in time for...

Nuxx with balloons - karl reveals stripey shirt not seen since 1996!
- usually the balloons are suspended above the stage but not this time. they were ejected in the crowd from the left side of the stage. nothing exceptional about the song, and its back to its 1995-96 style without the piano for a while now. back in 96 karl used to wear this stripey shirt on tour and it (or a version of) was back on show after the spangley shiny shirt was obviously getting a bit warm for him. rick was also looking a bit warm pricey looked like.. well pricey. must have been all that food that he ate.

Two months off w guitar w twisted interlude
- inflatables of course. the breakdown in the middle really was a long one with a lot of knob twiddling. karl finally got some riff that he liked into the tune and then it kicked back in. not sure what they were trying to achieve in the breakdown but the sound was a bit muddy for some of the melody and the bass high in the mix so it was hard to hear.

Dark train
- started off kinda choppy with karl going over the "ride the train" vocal for another section while rick got the chord sequence to come in. all worked out in the end and the crowd was bouncing.

Rowla w guitar
- a kicking version of rowla with karl playing guitar again. the riff he got working into the tune nicely added to the song. luckily i got a vid of it...

Moaner
- moaner was the last song again and finished what was an entertaining gig with few hiccups. about 1h45mins in total

Support acts: Victor G (aka Victor Goh) he was okay actually. Played some decent tunes. Techno with melody. Lost his way a little towards the end but a solid perfomance

North & South (UK) - never heard of these guys and they were on 1 hr before Underworld at 00:00 for 1hr apparently with 7 decks though i only was them using 3 at one time max, and there were 2 guys. They played old tunes, and couldnt mix. They also came on after Underworld.

Samantha Ronson - Yes, her of Lindsey Lohan fame. Words cannot describe how bad she was.

Last night I went to see Darren Emerson, and one of the guys from Hybrid play at a similar event by the same promoter. In the VIP area Samantha Ronson was playing again. I'm glad they didnt inflict her on the general admission public. Then again, Emerson wasnt having a good night either, though he seemed oblivious to it. He polished off his rider of a bottle of vodka and several cans of red bull quick smart after his session. First record the guy from Hybrid played, as Emerson packed away? Downpipe with full Karl vocal which sent the crowd wild. Something that Emerson failed to do.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:41 PM
razorpilot
scream to go faster

Loads of videos have appeared on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Old 09-26-2009, 02:10 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

You Do Scribble sounds awesome indeed
Old 09-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
New jam building into...
Rez
- seems that they are all one and the same. I did get a recording of the long intro jam though. in the beginning it wasnt really identifiable as rez cowgirl

Between stars
- this one still doesnt have an intro or a finish but really got the crowd going and they seemed to like it. i got this on vid. got them moving just in time for...

Rowla w guitar
- a kicking version of rowla with karl playing guitar again. the riff he got working into the tune nicely added to the song. luckily i got a vid of it...
Could I have the privilege of seeing these videos? On YouTube or otherwise? They sound great.