Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-20-2011, 02:23 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Re: 2011-06-18 Sonar Barcelona
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Not the night before, but the week before. See the Sputnik thread for a video clip.
Oops my bad!

These live gigs are pretty much blowing the Barking tour away. Perhaps UW either read the feedback on here or just wanted to improv again a little bit more, but still keep with the so called "commercial festival set."
Old 06-21-2011, 02:46 AM
jose m
pants

I spoke with my "source" and he told me that they were upping things in the sound dept at festivals 'cause they have to play along side dj's and acts that are playing fully mastered stereo mixes and they were beginning to sound lame next to them. They don't wanna do it and for some "own" shows they'll ease back but when they are on multiple act shows they can't come out sounding half the volume of the other acts. Bloody modern world eh? Still sounds like folks are enjoying it..
Old 06-21-2011, 05:47 AM
Mike
born013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
I spoke with my "source" and he told me that they were upping things in the sound dept at festivals 'cause they have to play along side dj's and acts that are playing fully mastered stereo mixes and they were beginning to sound lame next to them.
So before today, Underworld were playing amateur mono mixes?

Last edited by Mike; 06-21-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 06:24 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

im not slighting the Barking show I was just at, but these clips look/sound absolutely amazing. I'm resaddened about the upcoming hiatus now
Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyAdv View Post
Wicked Intro to KOS:
Dark Train:
Release the Pearl's Girl:
PG into Everbody Jack:

Cowgirl from the other side (HD, nice sound):
(these are with vertical picture ...)
Everbody Jack into ALAF:
TMO:
Dark Train:
The Everybody Jack into ALAF clip finishes with Push Upstairs also, it's definitely not the album mix, after all.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
DaddyAdv
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatSucker View Post
The Everybody Jack into ALAF clip finishes with Push Upstairs also, it's definitely not the album mix, after all.
Oh my, I didn't have the time yesterday to watch it all through!
It's actually EJ into ALAF into Push Remix (with Rick supporting Vocoder Voices).

Dark Train into Surfboy improv (!!!) into KOS:
Between Stars:

Last edited by DaddyAdv; 06-21-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
richardacre
mouseman

Here's my set list, typed into the notepad app my phone at odd moments, somewhere between this and GoatSucker we might have it right

Cowgirl / Rez
Pearls girl
Everybody Jack
ALAF
Push (Sanchez)
Between Stars
Two Months Off
Scribble
Spikee
Dark train
(er, spoonman, something interluded in there) EDIT, mystery solved: Surfboy
King of Snake
Born slippy

Pretty much everyone from Sonar By Night was there, the other 3 stages must have been deserted. I actually thought it was a bit meh until somewhere around Two Months Off. Assumed they were a bit disoriented from all the cross country flying around from the night before, I quite like it when they get things wrong (this is my 5th time BTW) but it was a bit much (but hey, they're getting on a bit! ). Also, I was really looking forward to Push Upstairs imparticular, so was not impressed when it was the remix, but you have to give it to them for the way they're always reinventing things.

On a positive side (moaning over) once they got into the swing of it they nailed it : Spikee through King of Snake was BANGIN! They dropped the Born Slippy piano quite early in the mix, and really milked it, dropped it about three times towards the end, which everyone appreciated. For some reason i thought they were going over into the 2002ish mix (as per the Maida Vale 2003 set) but maybe they changed their mind, LOL. Here's a photo from Born Slippy https://picasaweb.google.com/hardacr...55101364624658

Afterwards I was standing by the fence around the AV island, basically waiting for the rush to leave to be over and the head gaffer (old geezer, WTF is his name!?) came out grinning and then was chatting to some bloke who asked him how long he'd been working Underworld, his reply was along the lines of "30 years, since they were a rock band!"

Other highlights, Friday night: MIA fucked up the place, brilliant. Steve Aoki owes me a pair of glasses as mine got elbowed off in the crazyness and trampled, I have photo evidence of their shattered remains http://twitpic.com/5d49km (there was also a woman crowd-sailing in a dinghy at one point during that set, mental). Aphex Twin was just fucking amazing, there are a good few vids on youtube, lazers, kinect driven video and wicked banging evil shit that kept my legs moving despite being up for 24 hours until the wee hours, wow https://picasaweb.google.com/hardacr...54988762599730. Saturday night also included me watching the drugged up masses driving around crashing into each other on the Dogems, really funny. Ended with me being hypnotised by Paul Kalkbrenner, made myself some space at the back, closed my eyes and just danced like a loon the whole set, f-ing marvelous end to the festivities.

Was back at work monday morning, tired but happy!

Last edited by richardacre; 06-22-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

This guy recorded 93 minutes of Underworld video. There are 2 different sources though, with some overlap, but I think he still got most of the entire show:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NiKtOrDo#g/u

Wow, that Surfboy teaser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardacre View Post
Afterwards I was standing by the fence around the AV island, basically waiting for the rush to leave to be over and the head gaffer (old geezer, WTF is his name!?) came out grinning and then was chatting to some bloke who asked him how long he'd been working Underworld, his reply was along the lines of "30 years, since they were a rock band!"
That sounds like John Newsham then. He's been doing audio for them since Freur!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Spoon Deep improv! Awesome!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 AM
richardacre
mouseman

Newsham, that's the geezer, yep and Surfboy, that was it, not spoonman. Glad someone around here has a brain that remembers things