Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2011, 12:49 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: Frankenstein the play (Danny Boyle/Underworld)
You can download a Digital Programme for the upcoming Frankenstein broadcast for £3 here:

http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/?lid=49018

Production photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=107334993856
Old 02-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Interesting that from an interview on 6 Music, Karl mentioned that halfway through doing music for the production, they started jamming on a new track which caused the entire production crew to start dancing to. Interesting.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:58 PM
klingklang
mouseman

Not sure if many people have two showings of the NTL broadcasts, but I just found out that the one near me is indeed going to be showing both versions. This university usually just show the same broadcast on their second screening, but they just verified they'll be showing the 24 March version instead of doing a re-broadcast of the 17 March version. Hopefully that's happening elsewhere outside the UK for people interested in that.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:50 AM
fastone
river

I picked up some of the flyers for the show when I saw it. They are about A5, folded on a single sheet printed on quality paper/card. If you want one pm me your address and I'll post them out for free- preference given to distant dirts.

Anyone with a London SE1 postcode can collect their own....
Old 03-04-2011, 04:46 AM
whatmakesustick

well, I am going to see this tomorrow. can't wait. although tickets are going for £200+ now.....thats tempting! but not tempting enough....
Old 03-04-2011, 08:48 AM
vacant
pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone View Post
I picked up some of the flyers for the show when I saw it. They are about A5, folded on a single sheet printed on quality paper/card. If you want one pm me your address and I'll post them out for free- preference given to distant dirts.

Anyone with a London SE1 postcode can collect their own....
I'm in SE1, got any spare or are there plenty at the venue? Missed out on a ticket.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:12 PM
fastone
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacant View Post
I'm in SE1, got any spare or are there plenty at the venue? Missed out on a ticket.
They were in the racks on the varios floors. Save your legs and pm me your address. I'll post one.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:20 AM
whatmakesustick

Well, really enjoyed the play yesterday. I only go to the theatre once or twice a year at most so cant offer a great critique but I can say that the production was amazing - the set changes were very clever and believable. The performance of the two main characters was also great (in fact there are lost of good characters). In the first 10/15 mins it really draws you in and grabs your attention. I wont mention any highlights for me as I dont want to write any spoilers - but I was not familiar with the story and there was some shocking and unpredicatble moments.

As for the Underworld contribution - I would say their music was using relatively sparingly. Dawn Of Eden will turn out to be a recognisable track and there were probably 2/3 other moments that will produce 'recognisable' music (kind of folk tracks). I could have been hearing things, but I'm sure I heard 'walk with me' played on a loop at some point - maybe the same sample with less distortion as used in one of the river run series (cant remember which). There was some acoustic guitar and I vividly remember hearing some singing thinking it was karls voice through a vocoder. And, I think Small Conker was played right at the beginning.

Trying to be indipendent (which is not easy) - I think the music worked really well with the play

There was a couple of barking type shirts for sale (black/white t-shirts with the letters on different lines) - one saying Frankenstein and I think the other was 'boom boom heartbeat'. The Barking box was also for sale.

Can't wait to see what they put together for the soundtrack and how it work without the visuals.

Last edited by whatmakesustick; 03-07-2011 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:38 AM
whatmakesustick

Found this article that's mostly about how they did the Frankenstein music (I thought there was a sticky articles thread?)

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2011-03...ival-march-26/
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
JJK
river

Hey if anyone is wanting to see the show in LA it's playing at the Downtown Independent through april. It's the only place in LA that's showing both versions. TIckets are $15.

http://www.downtownindependent.com/e...l-theatre-live