Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 11-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Re: I love Techno, next Sat. 15/11 - Who's going?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jose m View Post
one of them was the oldest guy i've ever seen collapse at a gig,he was at least 50
heh! i'm older than 50 and i've never collapsed at a gig...........er yet!

too many stims for that
Old 11-21-2008, 08:02 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
[*]Spoondeep
WTF, seriously? Or did you mean Spoonman?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Geo
always loved a film

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
WTF, seriously? Or did you mean Spoonman?
Spoon man. Corrected. Sorry
Damn, I quite felt like an Underworld connoisseur, until now...
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM
miss glitch
<3!

Send a message via MSN to miss glitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
[*]another track I didn't recognize ( this is getting embarassing, as I saw them 6 times this year)
It's okay, I have seen them five times this year and there were some I wasn't sure about either
Old 05-16-2009, 11:59 PM
Mike
born013

I added this one to the Gigography (finally!)

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/350

Is there a definative tracklist, i.e. did we find out the names for the 'Improv' bits?

Mike
Old 12-01-2018, 06:33 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

So, Darren posted this live Nicodemus on his Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/dj-darren-pri...gium-jumbo-mix

I thought for sure that we had this specific one already, that it was from one of the Live Here Now albums or something. Turns out, it is, in fact, new.

I thought maybe it was mislabeled, but at the beginning of the song, Karl says "I Love Techno", so it is from "I Love Techno", and it has to be from 2008, because that was the only year that they did this particular Nicodemus/Jumbo mix.

That also means that the setlist in this thread must be wrong (sorry Joris!). You can hear the end of KOS at the beginning of this track (meaning it WAS played), and it transitions to Jumbo at the end, which means Jumbo couldn't have been in the encore at the end of the set.

Edit:

Setlist additions:
Untitled 2008-3 before NUXX.
Can You Feel This Bass before Bird 1
Tokyo < > London 1 for walk-on
Untitled 2008-2 before TMO
Old 12-02-2018, 04:28 AM
Geo
always loved a film

I must have inhaled something that night
Old 07-13-2020, 02:14 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: 2008-11-15 I love Techno, Gent (next Sat. 15/11 - Who's going?)
I really need to apologize to you, Joris. I started having doubts about that Nicodemus recording, after listening to it closely and realizing that it was played in the 2005-manner and not 2008-ish. I subsequently went on YouTube, and watched about 50 ILT 2008 videos, and confirmed everything in the setlist you wrote, except I couldn't find videos for Lenny Penne and Crocodile. But, importantly, it confirmed the order of NUXX and then Jumbo for the encore. And that KoS wasn't played, so that just confirmed that the Nicodemus recording was not from 2008.

The problem I'm having now is slotting it into the 2005 ILT performance. From the Nicodemus recording (above), it sounds like KoS ends, Nicodemus plays, and then segues into Jumbo. However, in the radio broadcast recording, it goes NUXX, Moaner, and then Jumbo encore. However, it sounds like Jumbo could be spliced in. According to lloyd's review, he says that after the end, they came back on stage, Karl plugged the Riverrun web release (which you can hear on the recording after Moaner), and then they left the stage without playing an encore. So, maybe Jumbo on the radio broadcast is from earlier in the set?

So, I guess the question is (and I realize this was a long time ago), does anyone remember whether Moaner was the last song and they left the stage after Karl plugged the Riverrun release? Does it sound right that they played KoS/Nicodemus/Jumbo earlier in the setlist?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:43 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Ooof. I was at the I Love Techno 2005 gig but I was a bit worse for wear and dont remember that much except dropping my camera and the battery falling out, and Jason Roth having a blast, and being with amazing Dirties.
Old 04-25-2023, 04:24 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Darren Price has released a clip that is actually from this gig:

https://soundcloud.com/dj-darren-pri...-i-love-techno

Yard Beat wasn't really played after 2006, that we know of, but this upload now confirms that he worked up a bit of a different version in 2008. I don't remember hearing it on any other recordings though, so it may not have been played much.

Unfortunately, it sounds like this recording has been edited by Darren. We have a recording of the same song portions from a radio broadcast that we can compare it to. At the 2:24 mark on Darren's file, it's supposed to be Karl coming in with Pearl's Girl lyrics, but instead, it cuts back to a section from the beginning of the file and duplicates that again. At 4:08, it leaves the repeated section and jumps to later in the song, but Karl's vocals are severely muted for the rest of the song. Like maybe his vocal track was omitted entirely, and we're only getting incidental sound of his vocals from, say, an audience mic.

I guess Darren did this to highlight his song, or something? It's a shame, because the recording quality is very nice.