smoking on the airplane

Re: Delphic
how informative
Old 01-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Flywaver
vision

I think you get the drift..
Anyway if you like New Order kind of crossed with Orbital ermmm Planet Funk and of course Underworld. Then listen to this band! I cant think of who else for comparisons....... Really mean it though i am totally blown away by this band.
Its what the Editors last album should of been........
Old 01-21-2010, 11:13 AM
oceanic
Just glad to be here.

I like the music but the vocal sound and delivery seems pretty run-of-the-mill. It's like they inserted stock indie vocals or something. Otherwise I really like the sounds they're making.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

I'm liking Halcyon.

now they just need + On + On
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 AM
Flywaver
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm skyscraper View Post
I'm liking Halcyon.

now they just need + On + On
That would be an Orbital mix...
This is a great dance album it has to be said.
Although i think the vocals aren't there. Dam it i could do better! ;-)
Anyone wanna start a band? Lol
Old 01-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
I think you get the drift..
Anyway if you like New Order kind of crossed with Orbital ermmm Planet Funk and of course Underworld.
i saw them in oxford last friday night and to be honest i wasn't expecting too much as i'd heard the considerable hype and was particularly put off by the nu-manchester tagline which screamed of some muso desperate to associate his name with a scene. also i'd heard their singles and was distinctly supicious, perhaps it was the production which sounded too calculated by half.

however i'm happy to report i had a great time dancing away like a loon and their live sound is more akin to a rave, than boys with guitars. the music was totally euphoric and their cleancut recorded sound is so much more intense live and focussed on the dancefloor. at different times i was reminded of early new order, depeche mode, the beloved and underworld; however i felt they created a sound of their own.

so i've bought the album now and must have been in a bad mood when i first came across them and will just enjoy it rather than being too critical as its got some really strong melodies/hooks on it and is a real grower. while they don't have the visciral energy of bands like the longcut i'm sure peeps here would enjoy em as like foals the music has that spark that makes you dance.

flywaver if you like delphic you should check out the longcut, their lp 'open hearts' was my favourite record of last year. not as commercial as delphic but stunningly brillant and here's a decent review that i nearly completely agree with http://drownedinsound.com/releases/1...eviews/4137461
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:22 AM
bas_I_am
vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flywaver View Post
yawn
Old 01-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Just picked up gig tickets and there album this morning.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

I dunno... they supported Orbital in Brixton last september when i went over, they were probably more interesting than Orbital on the night... but there was too much of an indie sound to be heavy dance.... and too dancy to be indie... they would have these great segments of four to the floor with nice melodies and washy vocals... but then theyd go into some kinda pop song... and then back again. I like the dancy stuff when they do it... otherwise not so much.

I have been considering the album but ill wait awhile since im a little broke and im gonna have to be in the mood to get it.