Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 11-08-2010, 02:38 AM
inky
river

Help!
Hi.
I'm new to this forum, so hello to you all.
It's a bit rubbish that my first post is complaint/cry for help but...
Ten days ago I bought "I'm a Big Sister" from the Underworldlive shop as a Wav file (I bought the mp3 bundle when it first appeared) and I have been unable to download it. My first download attempt was a corrupted file (which was actually bigger than it supposed to be...) Subsequent attempts have all stopped before completing; I guess they think i've already downloaded it, so am just being greedy/naughty by trying to do it again...
Anyway, shit happens, as they say. But what is really pissing me off is that i've had no response from anyone i've tried to contact (support@digitalanimal.com; support@emusu.com; support@underworldlive.com; sales@underworldlive.com) I even sent a PM to aNt as it seemed he might have some influence, but still no reply...
Have anyone else had a similar problem? Has anyone ever got a response from anyone? Is there anything else I can do? Have i just been ripped off?
Any help some kind person could give me would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Old 11-08-2010, 07:17 AM
lowbit
future pundit

Re: Help!
Sounds familiar. Other than the (not terribly useful) responses listed in that thread, my queries have also gone unanswered.

After sending countless emails I had pretty much given up, but just for the heck of it I went up on underworldlive.com again last night and tried entering my purchase code for the Nth time, and this time it worked!! I was kind of shocked, but was also finally able to download what seems to be (?) a complete copy of the Big Sister WAV file.

But that raises the question: How did you know how long the WAV file was supposed to be? I haven't seen anything indicating exactly how long the files should be, or any sort of checksums.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:09 PM
inky
river

Thanks for your reply lowbit!
Whilst I'm sorry for your problems, at least I'm no longer feeling victimised! And I'm glad it got sorted; I'm attempting another download now...
Also, believe it or not, after banging out some more emails today to each of the about addresses, I finally got a reply from Herzog at sales@underworldlive who promised to look into it. So, you never know...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
inky
river

Oh, and I meant to add, if you right click on a Wav file (or command+i on a Mac) you should find the properties, which amongst other stuff should list the timing of the file. My experience of corrupted files is that they are usually the right length, it's how they play back (or don't) that's the issue.