Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:05 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: 2017-03-17 Alexandra Palace
What'd be nice is if they just went back to the 'randomized setlists' from the 'Oblivion with Bells' tour

So you wouldn't know exactly what was going to happen next, and it was great to have all those "improvs" (which were -possibly- mostly Darren Price tracks?) bridging songs. And tracks got little tweaks, so "Cowgirl" for example, didn't sound exactly the same at different concerts (which is what happened during the "Barking Tour")

It just bums me out so much at a live show when UW finishes a song... then there's a long pause... and they start out another song with a really long intro.

Plus, to this day - I still don't understand the appeal of seeing (any) band where they simply play the songs exactly like how they sound on the album.

Last edited by joethelion; 07-26-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:04 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: 2017-03-17 Alexandra Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion View Post
What'd be nice is if they just went back to the 'randomized setlists' from the 'Oblivion with Bells' tour

So you wouldn't know exactly what was going to happen next, and it was great to have all those "improvs" (which were -possibly- mostly Darren Price tracks?) bridging songs. And tracks got little tweaks, so "Cowgirl" for example, didn't sound exactly the same at different concerts (which is what happened during the "Barking Tour")

It just bums me out so much at a live show when UW finishes a song... then there's a long pause... and they start out another song with a really long intro.

Plus, to this day - I still don't understand the appeal of seeing (any) band where they simply play the songs exactly like how they sound on the album.

yep. ive been playing a lot of live shows from the BF/AHDO era and just loving the randomness and improvisational aspects.