MadMinistrator

Re: Bootleg babies
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanakan View Post
- because i'm in a bad mood
aw, never mind love *pours sanakan a beer*
Quote:
- because he obviously didn't do shit to get what he want
I just googled bootleg babies and couldn't find any hints other than to go to rtsr
Quote:
- because he's fully aware of this, and also that he shouldn't be asking here.
why shouldn't he be asking here? lord knows there has been enough discussion lately about bootleg babies. my understanding is that the "don't talk about rtsr" business was something that developed over time without any sound foundation, and as such there is nothing to stop people talking about rtsr stuff here at all. in fact, you may recall that when Yan took over the forums he did a new design for a while that included a whole forum for rtsr on its own. just because rtsr exists doesn't mean that nobody can ever talk about anything related to it on here, does it?
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

rtsr is by no means a secret place, it's good to tell people that it exists and it's out and about. only that so often it's mentioned in a wink-wink-nudge way because the topic is about bootlegs, and while everything seems to be a-ok about it, even if recording and distributing live gigs isnt the most sanctioned activity out there, it seems rather gauche to flaunt it and take it for granted and just advertise the place solely as a bootleg hub when its not.
so yeah, people will put it in weird lettering like this example right here, just as a way of saying "yes you can get it here, but it's not really supposed to be bootleg emporium, just another great underworld community."
talk of trading bootlegs and other underworld material in this forum (the official unofficial) that wasnt expressly handed out to us is, however, off the mark, due to the nature of a live recording being a "bootleg," which makes for the crypiticism about even suggesting where you can get them.

bootleg babies, however, is an exception. not only was it solely an rtsr project culled from many bootlegs, but it was massive fan project with tons of input, voting, and gnashing of teeth (i was there at the tail end of it, having finally found my way around to joining both dirty and rtsr). it's a great labor of love and everything about it, down to the artwork, essays, and formatting, turned out spectacularly due to everyone involved. so yeah, at least i'd say that BootlegBabies talk is pretty fine for any underworld community. It makes no sense to keep that peice of awesome in the dark.

so, simply: no, rtsr is not supposed to be a secret.

Last edited by dubman; 09-22-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
rayray
pants

thanks much for the BB's - an amazing piece of work, my first listen.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:21 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative1 View Post
and there was some orbital fanmixes, but i don't know if there was a project..

later
there were yearly Orbital remix competitons back in the early millennium when Orbital were still around and the forums were on ezboard. You may have more luck in asking on the loopzorbital.com forums. I have some of the fan remixes. One of the fan remixes actually made it out as an official release and a few were truly mindblowing and remarkably different to the originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
so, simply: no, rtsr is not supposed to be a secret.
RTSR is not a secret Its just the place where the live bootleg trading and distribution goes on. Plus rather anal discussions on live gigs and tracklistings and things. The rest of the Underworld discussion goes on here, but there are a dedicated few out there (myself included) who either are or have in the past put in a lot of effort into making sure that the Underworld community gets their hands on live shows for free. If you google for rtsr and click "im feeling lucky" then you'll get the link to the yahoo group. its that easy.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:08 AM
stimpee
Administrator

By the way, Bootleg Babies is back on the tracker! FLAC with full artwork.

Still sounds GLORIOUS.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:05 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I've been stuck on the dark train for like 3 weeks now... just wonderful!
Old 08-09-2013, 11:36 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

I miss the good old days of Dirty.org. sad.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:08 PM
Nuxx79
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee View Post
By the way, Bootleg Babies is back on the tracker! FLAC with full artwork.

Still sounds GLORIOUS.
Stuck at 93.5%
Old 08-10-2020, 01:14 PM
Kurtvanlego
Banned

And i still waiting to get on it
Everyday i tried to log in...but sadly...not yet approved