Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
patrick
river

yonderboi - slendid isolation (SOOOOOO GOOD)
hi. i have had this albumn for about two weeks now and i can safely say that it is my new favorite albumn, and probably my number one 2005 albumn. i like it better than so many excellent albumns, like gorillaz, out hud, cyne, boards of canada and others that i can't remember.

this albumn i guess is similar style to his first albumn if you know that one, although i think it is much better, much more accessable, and all around much funkier.

i dont 'know how to describe the music... kinda a electronic & rock & brit pop & RnB & trip hop mix up. new order and massive attack and the avalances mix up...

i can't recommend any albumn more to anyone, wether their favorite music is rock or electronic or whatever. it is so middle of the road you can't not love it (i feel)

i think it is being released tomorrow, but is for sure on bittorrent and maybe on soulseek... serious... get it!
Old 03-21-2006, 03:55 PM
patrick
river

Re: yonderboi - slendid isolation (SOOOOOO GOOD)
alright. now this is annoying. this albumn in my itunes has 9 5 star songs and the rest are marked as 4's. this is such a great albumn!

has anyone else heard it one way or the other?
Old 03-21-2006, 04:12 PM
Drix
Re-Member

Yeah, I've had it for a few weeks and really loving it as well. I agree that its' much better than his last album which i found a bit boring in places.

If you like this album you should definately check out Erik Sumo though. I made a thread about him here; http://www.dirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2821 Did you check him out? Absolutely fantastic album as well.

I just put on Yonderboi again now and yes, it's a damn fine album.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:15 PM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

pick a track that epitomizes the album, and ill buy it on itunes and go from there. not gonna buy the entire thing yet.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:38 AM
Kennrr
mouseman

i like. some of the tracks are hella euro-cheesiness.