Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:41 AM
phaseblue
mouseman

Fujirock!!!
I`m off to Fujirock tomorrow with the Japanese dirts! We rented a van and are driving up early. We`re taking video as well as recording audio.

Since this show will not be recorded/broadcast (at least to my knowledge) I am kicking myself for not buying a higher quality video camera! I have a consumer Sony DV camera and it does a decent job anyway. Also, I won`t have my photographer friend Scout with me this time - he`s the one who took the high quality pics in my Oblivion Ball gallery on darktrain.jp - but I still have a pro-sumer Nikkon camera that should work fine enough...I hope! As the Japanese say "shoganai"!

Anyone else going?

I`ll fill you in on all the details when I return!

Matt
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: Fujirock!!!
enjoy the show, Phase! I'm quite jealous of you! :P
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM
phaseblue
mouseman

Thanks potatobroth! It`s a bit of a drive up there, but it should be amazing! I just hope that it doesn`t rain, like it does almost every other year!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:50 AM
jose m
pants

watch out for the monkeys on the road !
Old 07-27-2008, 05:34 AM
phaseblue
mouseman

Well, I`m back from Fuji and I must say it was really amazing. There were 9 stages/tents, the main ones being the Green (main) stage, the White stage, and The Red Marquee Stage. There were also several art installations, and tons of food and drink stalls; all of this nestled within the beautiful ski resort valley that is Naeba! They even had one of the ski lifts (Dragondola) operating so you could go up to the top of the ski slope. I was quite impressed with the facilities too - lot`s of toilets, open spaces (although it was crowded as hell), and even chairs in the main food court.

We spent the day walking around looking at the different sights and sounds. Many of the paths at the venue wind through cedar forests, which made for a very relaxing atmosphere. There is even a river that runs from one side of the place to the other and people were free to play in it!

The show itself was amazing! It was a bit short at an hour and a half, but I`m sure this had to do with the venue scheduling than anything else.

The setlist was roughly as follows:
Crocodile
Improv 1
Parc
Pearls Girl - beginning (no lyrics)
King of Snake
Moaner
Two Months Off
Synth Improve
You Do Scribble
Rez/Cowgirl
Improv 2
Born Slippy Nuxx
Jumbo

The show included a good mix of old and new favorites, as well as a few nice improves! Karl was quite energetic tonight too. Even Rick lip synced a few parts and jumped around a bit. The highlight of the show however, and quite a surprise, was during the end of Born Slippy, when about 40 to 50 1.5 meter diameter beach balls were released out into the audience. It was great fun! People were bouncing them everywhere, including back onto the stage, and Karl and Darren kept kicking them back out into the crowd!

I took just over an hour of video - good in many parts, a bit shaky in others. I also took lots of photos of the Fujirock grounds during the day, however, most of my shots of Underworld turned out blurry because of the low light / slow shutter speed. I will post these as soon as I can go through them a pick out some decent ones. As for the video, I would rather share this sooner than later! I just got home, but I will get it up so that people can download it, and perhaps someone else can compress it and re-upload it(not my specialty).

I didn`t see any monkeys on the road, but I`m sure they were there, watching us all from their concealed hideaways They can be quite nasty and agqressive little creatures actually!

All in all, a fun day and a very nice show!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseblue View Post
Well, I`m back from Fuji and I must say it was really amazing. There were 9 stages/tents, the main ones being the Green (main) stage, the White stage, and The Red Marquee Stage. There were also several art installations, and tons of food and drink stalls; all of this nestled within the beautiful ski resort valley that is Naeba! They even had one of the ski lifts (Dragondola) operating so you could go up to the top of the ski slope. I was quite impressed with the facilities too - lot`s of toilets, open spaces (although it was crowded as hell), and even chairs in the main food court.

We spent the day walking around looking at the different sights and sounds. Many of the paths at the venue wind through cedar forests, which made for a very relaxing atmosphere. There is even a river that runs from one side of the place to the other and people were free to play in it!

The show itself was amazing! It was a bit short at an hour and a half, but I`m sure this had to do with the venue scheduling than anything else.

The setlist was roughly as follows:
Crocodile
Improv 1
Parc
Pearls Girl - beginning (no lyrics)
King of Snake
Moaner
Two Months Off
Synth Improve
You Do Scribble
Rez/Cowgirl
Improv 2
Born Slippy Nuxx
Jumbo

The show included a good mix of old and new favorites, as well as a few nice improves! Karl was quite energetic tonight too. Even Rick lip synced a few parts and jumped around a bit. The highlight of the show however, and quite a surprise, was during the end of Born Slippy, when about 40 to 50 1.5 meter diameter beach balls were released out into the audience. It was great fun! People were bouncing them everywhere, including back onto the stage, and Karl and Darren kept kicking them back out into the crowd!

I took just over an hour of video - good in many parts, a bit shaky in others. I also took lots of photos of the Fujirock grounds during the day, however, most of my shots of Underworld turned out blurry because of the low light / slow shutter speed. I will post these as soon as I can go through them a pick out some decent ones. As for the video, I would rather share this sooner than later! I just got home, but I will get it up so that people can download it, and perhaps someone else can compress it and re-upload it(not my specialty).

I didn`t see any monkeys on the road, but I`m sure they were there, watching us all from their concealed hideaways They can be quite nasty and agqressive little creatures actually!

All in all, a fun day and a very nice show!!!
Glad you enjoyed it, sounds like it was an ace gig. Im more interested to see the new beachballs that have been doing the rounds recently! Any pictures would be ace when you can ge them up!
Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
phaseblue
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
Im more interested to see the new beachballs that have been doing the rounds recently! Any pictures would be ace when you can ge them up!
I unfortunately didn`t get any pics of the balls, but I did manage to video most of the affair. I was changing tapes right when the balls were released and I raced like hell to get it done so I could capture as much as possible. Luckly, the whole thing transpired over a few minutes and I got plenty of video of it.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:16 AM
lloyd
bungalow

thanks for the report
sounds like you had a great time
Old 07-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Buji
mouseman

Bit of video of the Beach Balls at Fuji 08!

Nice bit of guitar over Jumbo too!
Old 07-28-2008, 04:23 AM
DaddyAdv
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseblue View Post

Parc
Thank god, it's no a one-time-only song !
Was it the same as the Amsterdam/BellsBells Version ?