Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Refreshed and Surprising live sets!
Hey all...hope that everyone got a chance to enjoy the dirtyradio broadcasting of the Tokyo Electraglide gig! Based on that epic show, as well as several others i've heard since July '05, it seems that Underworld has been very successful at reinvigorating the setlist and in my opinion, recapturing the magic of those mid-90's shows where the improvs and surprises often appeared!

How cool is it that, after only a handful of shows and two new internet releases, the crowd goes wild for "JAL to Tokyo" and "Peggy Sussed"? How great does it sound to have all sorts of improvisations and unreleased tracks dropped in amongst the favorites, which are also in some cases radically reworked?!

After the AHDO tour, there were comments that the setlist became kind of standard, and Rick seemed to have his hands full with the mixing. Well, this no longer seems the case! These most recent shows have stunned and impressed!
Your thoughts?
Old 01-11-2006, 02:17 PM
lloyd
bungalow

Re: Refreshed and Surprising live sets!
Eurhm... read my BeNeLux shows reviews I would say
Yeah the 'flowing' shows all mixed up with only a few breaks were lush. I've always been in love with underworlds live shows because of what they create on stage. The 5 shows I saw last year were all different too. Each their own vibe and highlights.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:23 PM
wrong bloke
low profile

Re: Refreshed and Surprising live sets!
My thoughts ? Basically the same as yours. Underworld definitely needs to be 3 on stage. Darren Price's presence allows them to do what they are the best at : mix, improvise, mess around with tracks.

I only wish they played a longer version of Peggy Sussed, mixed into another track. I love that funny track, it builds up so well, it's quite a pity that it just stops after less than 3 minutes. It deserves to be the intro of somethig epic. Hallelujah !

pronounced like autechre