Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

Re: Premium Tequila, Diamond Jigsaw makes me...
Then I turned them back on after someone said I'd miss some sweet pics from inside lemonworld! I was tricked!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Why do I need to be neutral? I'm not moderating anything in this thread. Did I threaten to oppress you with my powers?

The question didn't even bother me that much. It was the disavowal of the implications of it afterward. You can't honestly believe that asking the question:

"Premium Tequila, Diamond Jigsaw makes me...wonder if Karl's drinking again?"

has no inferences? You tried to brush it off as "What? I'm just asking a simple question?" But it's not even the same as asking something like "I wonder if Karl drank milk for breakfast this morning?" or even "I wonder what guitar Karl played on Diamond Jigsaw?"
What is it that you think I was inferring? Yes, I had asked if Karl has as of late been drinking alcoholic beverages. I just don't understand what you think that I was inferring when I asked.

Because the problem is, I wasn't inferring anything. I hadn't came to any conclusions. Before I do that, I like to ask questions, collect data, not jump to conclusions. Karl is on record as saying that a majority of his lyrics (though not all!) are snapshots if you will of things happening around him. So I asked. The problem arose when you started digging around, thinking that I had to have been up to something deceitful.

If you are thinking that I was trying to start some rumor that Karl was drinking, I can't help you with that. I just wanted to know if the lyric was autobiographical. I've already explained myself through and through. And you'd be wrong to think I'm trying to implicate Karl on anything, for your information. I'm not however going to own up to anything that I didn't do. If I had to guess, you're probably mad that I asked the question at all, which I think that I handled the subject matter very gently without judgment, implication or painting Karl in a bad light. And if you are, that's fine, just stop playing the idea that I had some ulterior motive because it's insulting and untrue.

Anymore of this, please see me in private. We can continue to squabble out here but others are already complaining and I'm not going to stop defending myself because tbh what you're trying to hang on me makes me look bad and I don't appreciate it.

Last edited by Future Proof; 09-09-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:59 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub View Post
Forum is so much cooler now that we can post pics.
shut your face, mongoose is the kind of stupid that will find a way to be an unfunny dickbasket whether he has images or not
Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Proof View Post
Because the problem is, I wasn't inferring anything.
If you read carefully, you'll see that I never accused you of doing so. I said, whether you intended or not, the question that you asked is full of implication. I always said that "your statement" or "your question" is full of implication. I never said that YOU implied. I can see that you still don't understand that.

The thing that really set me off was when you were like "It's just a question. I didn't mean what you guys are inferring." You'll notice I didn't say anything until you said that. That, to me, smacked of the tactics that really bother me, like that Republican smear campaign where they try to pass it off as research questions. Also, ref. "glenn beck killed a girl in 1990." I'm honestly flabbergasted that you can't recognize how that question is loaded with implication.

Quote:
The problem arose when you started digging around, thinking that I had to have been up to something deceitful.
No, it didn't turn ugly until you responded to my post about the Republican smear campaign. To be fair, probably because it wasn't clear that I wasn't accusing of engaging in a smear campaign.

Quote:
I think that I handled the subject matter very gently without judgment, implication or painting Karl in a bad light.
No, I don't think you did. Handling it gently would have been something like this: "I know Karl's had alcohol troubles in the past, so I was surprised to hear the Tequila lyric in Diamond Jigsaw. Do you think he's been drinking again? Or is maybe just referencing experiences in the past?" The brevity of what you wrote came off as flippant. But again, I understand now that you can't recognize the difference, and that's part of what's causing the problem.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:07 AM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
No, I don't think you did. Handling it gently would have been something like this: "I know Karl's had alcohol troubles in the past, so I was surprised to hear the Tequila lyric in Diamond Jigsaw. Do you think he's been drinking again? Or is maybe just referencing experiences in the past?" The brevity of what you wrote came off as flippant. But again, I understand now that you can't recognize the difference, and that's part of what's causing the problem.
Uhm yea I had made an active choice in not to specifically reference his past, as if to just dig up the bones of it to animate it for leisure. That was my way of showing respect. Flowery and pretense isn't always good, but I guess you can't see that. And it's obvious that I'm right, that you are pissed that I even asked the question in the first place.

We're going to have to agree to disagree. And it looks like I'm going to have to never have to worry again about making you angry since I can see that it's something I do naturally.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:10 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Uhm yea I had made an active choice in not to specifically reference his past, as if to just dig up the bones of it to animate it for leisure. That was my way of showing respect.
And see, even though you explicitly didn't mention it, it's still implicitly there. Except now it's up to reader interpretation, rather than on your own terms.

Quote:
And it looks like I'm going to have to never have to worry again about making you angry since I can see that it's something I do naturally.
Nah, don't worry about it. It's not like I'm going to have a vendetta or ban you or something because of a disagreement.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:13 AM
cacophony
disquietude

OH MY GOD WHY DO YOU CARE?

you're not karl's personal protector. who the fuck cares if his "brevity" came off as "flippant?" so the fuck what? he asked pretty much exactly what your reworded version asked, he just used fewer words. personally i didn't think for a second that he was trying to start a rumor, rubbing his hands together in devilish delight, or gnawing his fingernails in anxiety. he observed a lyric and asked, essentially, whether anyone else wondered if it was autobiographical because booze references don't come up too often in recent tracks.

how is this worthy of 7 pages of snippy angst-ridden bitching at each other?

relax, fellas. as i said way back on page 1: discussing karl's lyrics? madness this way lies. as evidenced by this stupid argument.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacophony View Post
OH MY GOD WHY DO YOU CARE?

you're not karl's personal protector. who the fuck cares if his "brevity" came off as "flippant?" so the fuck what? he asked pretty much exactly what your reworded version asked, he just used fewer words. personally i didn't think for a second that he was trying to start a rumor, rubbing his hands together in devilish delight, or gnawing his fingernails in anxiety. he observed a lyric and asked, essentially, whether anyone else wondered if it was autobiographical because booze references don't come up too often in recent tracks.

how is this worthy of 7 pages of snippy angst-ridden bitching at each other?

relax, fellas. as i said way back on page 1: discussing karl's lyrics? madness this way lies. as evidenced by this stupid argument.
So when he's moody, does he drink black coffee?
Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

I can be so mean sometimes! Anyways, post deleted, I am withdrawing from the matter entirely since it just can't get out of the public arena (though I DID ASK to take it private).

Last edited by Future Proof; 09-10-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:02 PM
unwound floors
power before passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty0900 View Post
So when he's moody, does he drink black coffee?
Does he drown his past regrets in coffee and cigarettes?

(If you're referencing what I think you are then a million life points to you.)