Fluke are back!
Fluke have reunited!
New single "Insanely Beautiful" dropping April 29th

Follow them on...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61558235593337
https://www.instagram.com/fluke_social
www.twitter.com/fluke_social

Plus some more info on what's to come

In addition to the main vox mix, a selection of other versions will be made available including one featuring Leah Clever and an All Buttons In club mix. There is also an accompanying Sean Johnson instrumental chug version via the Tici Taci boys.

Insanely Beautiful marks Fluke's first release to a project provisionally named Firebird with various tracks and collaborations over the coming months.

https://louderthanwar.com/fluke-retu...ely-beautiful/

Last edited by iamneorev; 04-22-2024 at 09:26 AM.
Old 04-08-2024, 12:51 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: Fluke are back!
Whoa! Is this for real? Seems a little suspect given the minimal website and the artwork that pulls the Six Wheels and Risotto era logos, but hey...nostalgia helps?

I listen to their last record, Puppy, at least once a week during commutes. Never expected this since the 2Bit Pie spinoff was a one off back in 2006 and the fizzling of the Syntax Tripolar project. I'm all for it, but kind of dubious till this really drops
Old 04-08-2024, 03:30 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Whoa! Is this for real? Seems a little suspect given the minimal website and the artwork that pulls the Six Wheels and Risotto era logos, but hey...nostalgia helps?

I listen to their last record, Puppy, at least once a week during commutes. Never expected this since the 2Bit Pie spinoff was a one off back in 2006 and the fizzling of the Syntax Tripolar project. I'm all for it, but kind of dubious till this really drops
It's 100% real. I've been kind of on the inside of it for a while, but had to keep quiet until it was the right time. It's a long crazy story. I can also tell you that Mike Tournier is back. He left in between Risotto and Puppy. Jon Fugler and Mike Tournier did an interview on the Sticky Jazz podcast announcing they were working on new music a couple years ago. They had actually started working on stuff back in late 2020.

Risotto is one of my favorite albums ever. Jon Fugler was kind enough to send me a signed promo vinyl of Risotto as a little thank you.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:25 AM
iamneorev
pants

Fluke are now on Facebook...
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61558235593337
Old 04-25-2024, 02:09 PM
iamneorev
pants

Music video for Insanely Beautiful drops on Friday, April 26th at 9:00 GMT
Old 04-26-2024, 01:35 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

John Digweed plays Insanely Beautiful (I think it's two mixes of the same track) at the beginning on his latest Transitions show:

https://www.mixcloud.com/johndigweed...-and-helsloot/

Sounds really great, especially the second mix!

Last edited by King of Snake; 04-26-2024 at 01:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2024, 03:46 AM
iamneorev
pants

Music video is out!
Old 04-26-2024, 05:52 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamneorev View Post
Music video is out!
Fantastic! That's an epic sound+visual experience. It's going to take many more listens (heck, been waiting 21 years) to discover and appreciate all the nuance. But the track did not disappoint! Incredible builds, goes in a different direction in the back stretch, vintage Fugler lyrics.

My question now is, where's Mike Bryant? Tournier back in, Bryant out? That's the lineup fo can find online.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:57 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

forget that, where's that lady with the short red hair who was part of their stage show? I kinda loved that Fluke had their own Bez who didn't write or perform any music but was just 'vibes'
Old 04-26-2024, 07:26 PM
iamneorev
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
My question now is, where's Mike Bryant? Tournier back in, Bryant out? That's the lineup fo can find online.
I was told it is just the two of them "at the moment." No bad blood or anything. Seems the door is open for him to join them if he wants. I'm personally thrilled by Tournier's return.