Old 11-23-2009, 04:07 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: hokay enough about palin
First things first...

Second,

Finally, one of the comments says:
Quote:
To be fair, you could have easily got equally retarded comments from Obama supporters.
But would there really have been such rich pickings?

I mean, really?
Old 11-23-2009, 07:32 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

superb!

and scary...
Old 11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Wait. Wait....

Let me post something. Please make sure you've swallowed any liquids before viewing this....

ROFLMAO...

Like. Oh. My. God.

Whatever.

Holy spitballs Batman - is this it? This is what we're all getting worried about?!

Quick - someone get me a barrel - I've got some dumb fucking fish to shoot here.

"We need to get the polar bears off the endangered list, so we can drill there!"

bahahaha
The sad thing is that, in fairness, I'd have to agree with the comment Deckard posted about that many Obama supporters would be just as ignorant. I remember during the primaries, a good friend of my wife and I was talking about why she liked Hillary Clinton and was nervous about Obama. One of her reasons that I remember her listing was that "Obama has ties to the mob, doesn't he?" Granted, that's not an example of an Obama supporter being ignorant, but I do believe that she voted for Obama in the Presidential election - despite his apparent ties to the mafia. She's a sweet girl, but that was sad. Anyway, lots of ignorant people out there.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

yeah I couldn't get very far through your video, chuck. its too nauseating. its probably a lot more amusing if you aren't actually in sara palin country.

- Mark Twain

Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
The sad thing is that, in fairness, I'd have to agree with the comment Deckard posted about that many Obama supporters would be just as ignorant. I remember during the primaries, a good friend of my wife and I was talking about why she liked Hillary Clinton and was nervous about Obama. One of her reasons that I remember her listing was that "Obama has ties to the mob, doesn't he?" Granted, that's not an example of an Obama supporter being ignorant, but I do believe that she voted for Obama in the Presidential election - despite his apparent ties to the mafia. She's a sweet girl, but that was sad. Anyway, lots of ignorant people out there.
Well it's interesting that you bring up Clinton because she kind of went after the equivalent of the Democrat-voting public, didn't she?

Obama - for all his faults - didn't set out to pander to the least informed. That's not to say he sets out to exclude that chunk of the country - but he doesn't let the lowest common denominator form his base in the way that Palin does and, to some extent, much of the McCain/Palin and Hillary campaigns did. And the point is, it's only natural that the demographics of his supporters - as compared to hers - are going to reflect that difference.

So if anything my point was really to question that sense of equivalency that sometimes gets drawn up, whether out of a desire to sound objective and polite, or (if the other side) to suggest that "you're no better". Because, well - actually, if we're referring to the collective intelligence or informedness of Obama supporters, then yes, I think there is a noteworthy difference.

But it's a minor point. Stupid is stupid, at the end of the day, whatever political allegiance it identifies with.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Deckard
issue 37

Btw, that's the same guys that did the film isn't it? New Left Media (website currently down due to bandwidth limit being exceeded)
Old 11-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Wait. Wait....

Let me post something. Please make sure you've swallowed any liquids before viewing this....

ROFLMAO...

Like. Oh. My. God.

Whatever.

Holy spitballs Batman - is this it? This is what we're all getting worried about?!

Quick - someone get me a barrel - I've got some dumb fucking fish to shoot here.

"We need to get the polar bears off the endangered list, so we can drill there!"

bahahaha
oh...my...god......:drool:
Old 11-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Well it's interesting that you bring up Clinton because she kind of went after the equivalent of the Democrat-voting public, didn't she?

Obama - for all his faults - didn't set out to pander to the least informed. That's not to say he sets out to exclude that chunk of the country - but he doesn't let the lowest common denominator form his base in the way that Palin does and, to some extent, much of the McCain/Palin and Hillary campaigns did. And the point is, it's only natural that the demographics of his supporters - as compared to hers - are going to reflect that difference.

So if anything my point was really to question that sense of equivalency that sometimes gets drawn up, whether out of a desire to sound objective and polite, or (if the other side) to suggest that "you're no better". Because, well - actually, if we're referring to the collective intelligence or informedness of Obama supporters, then yes, I think there is a noteworthy difference.

But it's a minor point. Stupid is stupid, at the end of the day, whatever political allegiance it identifies with.
I know what you mean. I still consider myself essentially a political centerist, but the sheer level of stupidity coming out of the most vocal portion of the fractured Republican party couldn't be further from where I stand on issues. Like on environmental issues for example. The reflexive "drill baby drill" mantra, and calls to take polar bears off the endangered species list so that we can drill for oil in their habitats isn't a political issue in my mind. It's an issue of living intelligently on the only planet we have access to. It's not conservative or liberal to recognize the scientific fact that life on Earth functions through balanced ecosystems, and that the more we mess those ecosystems up, the more we risk messing the entire planet up, and ourselves with it. Conservatives making that a political issue is like saying that stepping out of the way of a speeding train is just behaving like a tree-huggin' liberal. It's flat out stupid.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that while stupid lives on both sides, it does indeed seem like the Republicans are pushing a much more dangerous brand of stupid than the Democrats in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Btw, that's the same guys that did the Tea Party film isn't it? New Left Media (website currently down due to bandwidth limit being exceeded)
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm wondering how many of these things he'll be able to do before he starts getting recognized. He's great at just letting people talk and expose themselves as the morons they are rather than trying to put words in their mouth or argue with them.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:08 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

from o'reilly, she's gone all the way to greta van s - NOW i reckon she's in for a hard ride...

ok; she doesn't - spouting exactly the same stuff - surprise surprise.

something i find creepy, the term 'the homeland'....

Last edited by //\/\/; 11-26-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:11 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by //\/\/ View Post
something i find creepy, the term 'the homeland'....
Glad it's not just me then. I find the way that word has grown in parlance since 9/11 slightly sinister. There's just something about it that makes me think it's not a good thing.

Also, every time I hear members of the Conservative Party use it in reference to the UK, I wince.