Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 10-28-2021, 10:10 AM
Goaty
river

Re: Drop #5 - Dark & Long (Dark Train) Limited Drop
Also on streaming platforms https://open.spotify.com/album/3jp2nBhfeHODGumUVPeyHK
Old 10-28-2021, 11:40 AM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

it's interesting they're putting most 'ospitable before dark train on the B side, given they already had those songs mixing into eachother on a cd originally.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:01 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute View Post
it's interesting they're putting most 'ospitable before dark train on the B side, given they already had those songs mixing into eachother on a cd originally.
Ha, that is an excellent point. I guess it's probably because the Dark Train remaster does not contain the bleepy sounds at the very end that segue into Most Ospitable, they way they did on the CD single.
Old 11-23-2021, 01:56 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Dispatch email today for the 12”
Old 11-24-2021, 12:15 AM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Ha, that is an excellent point. I guess it's probably because the Dark Train remaster does not contain the bleepy sounds at the very end that segue into Most Ospitable, they way they did on the CD single.
On a similar note is there a version of Spoonman without Tongue mixed in or Dirty Epic that doesn't have Cowgirl mixing in but still has the Dirty epic Outro (rather than the quick fade out on the single)?
Old 11-24-2021, 05:32 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Spoonman and Tongue, no, there is no "clean" version of either of those.

For Dirty Epic, there are non-segued versions on the single, EP, and both anthologies. The single and EP versions appear to be just early fade-outs of album segued version. You can barely hear the segue elements at the very end of the tracks as they're fading out. For both anthologies, it appears they went back to the master tape and got a clean version that does not have the Cowgirl segue at the end. It plays out longer, and fades out without any sounds of the segue. The 1992-2012 Anthology has the longest version at 10:01.
Old 11-24-2021, 11:47 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Thanks Bang that's what I figured! I did wonder though if Spoonman on either of the VHSs (Footwear repairs or Kiteless) had a clean ending and if so whether anyone has a good quality rip?

Last edited by Billy Goat; 11-25-2021 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Change DVD to VHS!
Old 11-25-2021, 06:08 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Im looking forward to the new Dark Train on vinyl. I forgot about brexit-customs-additional payment, so I was bit surprised this time. Any chance to have separate shop in EU for European customers? What do other fans think? This is getting expensive this way a bit. And you must declare the goods. Bit tricky order this time. But Im not complaining, its idea for further discussion possibly.
Old 11-25-2021, 10:16 AM
DoomofKiss
river

It would have also been great if the track 215 Miles was remastered and released along with this. Love that tune and it's so overlooked. 😁
Old 11-26-2021, 08:42 AM
Resolute
Heal yourself,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Goat View Post
Thanks Bang that's what I figured! I did wonder though if Spoonman on either of the VHSs (Footwear repairs or Kiteless) had a clean ending and if so whether anyone has a good quality rip?
it's just the album version but it mixes into a different song where it would go to tongue.