Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 02-26-2021, 06:09 AM
fragmentation
river

1999-05-14 Munich
For some time now, I've been searching for the audio for this concert: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/under...-53d1e7f1.html

I know it exists because some snippets of it were posted on YouTube on Wednesday ( however I cannot find the complete audio.

If anyone has it, PLEASE share; I've been dying to find it.

-fragmentation-
Old 02-28-2021, 08:48 AM
Mike
born013

Re: Munich 1999
I have uploaded to Tracker
Old 02-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Mike
born013

I had a re-listen to this gig and there a few noteworthy moments:
  • Push into Mama goes a bit wrong to begin with but recovers nicely - the distincive pulsating baseline throughout the track - very upbeat.
  • Nice to hear "Rising Son" - an instrumental a punchy little Emerson Scorchio-style house track played a few times in 1999... into Juanita
  • Juanita is sequenced differently and Karl sings "there is a sound..." lyrics before the vocoder "your rails". Only other recording I can think of with this sequence was 94 Sheffield, but that was a very early rendition of the track anyway.
  • The intro of Jumbo is blended with an untitled bridge track... I can't think of another time Jumbo was blended with anything - usually performed in isolation.
  • The Cups / Pens track is started in isolation instead of a bridge and used as the intro into NUXX... I think this is the only time Cups was performed in any way with NUXX - but the practise of using an Intro into NUXX was something they did a few times... From memory Banstyle2k (Roskilde 2000) and Rising Son (Fuji 99) were also performed in this way.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:15 AM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I had a re-listen to this gig and there a few noteworthy moments:
  • Juanita is sequenced differently and Karl sings "there is a sound..." lyrics before the vocoder "your rails". Only other recording I can think of with this sequence was 94 Sheffield, but that was a very early rendition of the track anyway.
  • The intro of Jumbo is blended with an untitled bridge track... I can't think of another time Jumbo was blended with anything - usually performed in isolation.
Off the top of my head, the only other "backwards Juanita" was A-Hoy Rotterdam 1998, notably one of the gigs with Five Points in it too

They did that with Jumbo a few times in 1998 but quickly stopped. Mojo Club, Redbox, maybe a few others. Otherwise super rare.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:20 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Oh, a couple of times in the RiverRun period where it was mixed into or out of Nicodemus, like Osaka 2005 and HMH 2008.
Old 03-08-2021, 06:44 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Oh, a couple of times in the RiverRun period where it was mixed into or out of Nicodemus, like Osaka 2005 and HMH 2008.
Yeah you mean the "ive got brilliant timing" sample? i love that beat.