Dirty Forums > moments.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2008, 11:11 PM
RoniPhD
river

Re: Videos from Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectoid View Post
I just can't wait to share my videos. So here is the link to them. I regret not taking more memory cards.

http://idisk.mac.com/lectoid-Public?view=web

Darc (Intro) is only the first 30 seconds of the song, I'm kicking myself for not recording the whole thing.

Juanita is 12:35 long. I wanted to be sure I recorded this above anything, which is why I cut Darc short (Camera only had 23 minutes of recording time).

Nuxx 1 and 2 is because I thought the song was over, I kicked myself again for that.

One of the videos has some ass walking in front of me, that sucked.

PS. I am uploading the videos as I type this. I am going to bed. Darc and Juanita are done, the rest are still uploading. Also, I had to reduce the quality for size reasons. Once I redo the audio on the videos, I'll release them in their original format. The 12 minute video of Juanita is 480MB.
Whatever you did to enhance the audio of the Juanita video makes me want to learn! You got rid of all strong bass effect on the microphone. Thanks for sharing and the devoted work!
Old 04-05-2008, 12:24 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoniPhD View Post
Whatever you did to enhance the audio of the Juanita video makes me want to learn! You got rid of all strong bass effect on the microphone.
Well, he didn't "enhance" the audio from his camera. He replaced it with the audio recording that TheNetwerk made.

The reason the audio distorts on cell phones and still cameras is because it overloads the cheapo condenser mics, and there are no controls to lower the recording level. So long as you have equipment on which you can adjust the recording levels you won't get that overloaded sound, especially when the bass hits it.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Yea, I just used iMovie (The older version) and inserted a different audio track. Final Cut would have been overkill for what I did.

The hardest part was matching up the audio to the video. My audio was so distorted I had only a few places I could play mine and the new audio at the same time to tell that it was matched. Actually it's still slightly off, but it was so close I couldn't tell which way to move, so I didn't.

I thought about doing it over again with subtlejam's audio, his doesn't seem to be as muted as TheNetwerks.

If subtlejam posts his original audio, I am going to have my sound engineer friend look at it and work his magic. I mean it's exceptional audio, but maybe cut out the talking or something.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:52 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

I was curious, so I cued up subtlejam's audio with your video real makeshift like (read: pressing play at the right time)... But the result is great!

You should totally do it... Having the full video of Juanita combined with great audio would be the perfect "souvenir" of this show.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:56 PM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Quote:
You should totally do it... Having the full video of Juanita combined with great audio would be the perfect "souvenir" of this show.
Anything I can do to help.

I think you'll be able to figure out which one it is.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:49 AM
gillenium

I still think TheNetwerk's audio is better. It captures a wider spectrum and can be easily mastered out of its muted-ness. Was Juanita the only thing he recorded?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:02 PM
geoff
lay it on me two donuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectoid View Post
Anything I can do to help.

I think you'll be able to figure out which one it is.
Kick ass, thank you!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:13 PM
subtlejam
lay back and smile

god bless you guys,

lectoid - that video brought me right back into the magic of that show. Thank you so much for putting up those videos so that all can enjoy!

gillenium - i agree that theNetwerk's audio is far better than mine(cleaner) but it's nice to hear my audio(can't blame me for being so excited) along side it.

i was in the back row of the center and probably close by considering the view point of that shot.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:46 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Can someone compile these videos and re-issue them on RTSR? They are surely going to be only temporary here. Same with the bootleg. RTSR is built for this. The forums are not.