Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2010, 12:13 PM
grady
fac321

Re: Bungalow with Stairs album
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkboy3 View Post
But when it cost me less than $60 to get the whole "Barking" box (including shipping), it seems nonsensical to have to choose to pay $65 or not have the opportunity to even hear "Bungalow".

Oh well...
Good point and if you ordered the Barking Box there was also the possibility of getting an art print with your purchase signed by the guys.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Ordered! I really don't understand the negativity here - ok, it's £30 for an uber-limited exhibition book & CD, were all you complainers expecting something for free?

From what I remember, the CD cost around $30 at the exhibition itself, so getting a free book for not much more is great. I get the sentiment that this could be a digital download also, but that really isn't the point - this was a custom soundtrack for people that went to the exhibition in Japan.

UW said they would ship back the leftover CD's and put them in the online shop - which they've now done. There was never any hint that this would be made available digitally - and why would there? It was only ever intended for the exhibition! There seems to be this idea of having a right to every note ever recorded by R&K, which completely misses the intention behind this music.

Here's a suggestion - You could have gone to the exhibition in Japan. Too cheap for that? Well, today is your lucky day as you get to purchase the book & CD bundle. Too cheap for that? How about shutting the fuck up, then. You don't have a right to demand this in whatever format suits you.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:47 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatSucker View Post
You don't have a right to demand this in whatever format suits you.
No, but we do have the right to ask questions, wonder aloud, make requests, and vent our pleasure and displeasure (preferably without insult).
If we hadn't been on here asking for ALAF and YDS for years and years the Barking Limited edition may not have happened.
We are fans, vocal and honest.

Kinda the whole point of a forum, no?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:16 PM
funkboy3
Just this guy

Quote:
...[w]ere all you complainers expecting something for free?
No, I was _hoping_ for something in the neighborhood of $20 plus shipping.

Quote:
From what I remember, the CD cost around $30 at the exhibition itself, so getting a free book for not much more is great.
How is $15 extra dollars (not to mention the $15 for shipping) not much more?
Not to mention, as I'd said above, if it was $30 to get just the CD, I'd at least be in the ballpark of what I'd hoped/expected.

Quote:
How about shutting the fuck up, then. You don't have a right to demand this in whatever format suits you.
Is that hostility really entirely necessary? First, I don't see anyone demanding anything, just expressing their discontent. Second, some folks (like myself personally) were wanting the physical release and expecting to have to pay a bit of a premium, just not this much. So why go to the trouble of vocally berating people who are ostensibly also fans like you?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

FWIW, the exhibition catalog is pretty nice. They're also individually numbered. Mine is 57/1000.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:50 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i think we have a right to think $65 for a CD is pretty bad. i dont care what kind of fan you're supposed to be, options are what's professional here. having the option to either pirate or deal isn't completely reasonable. digital versions please or i'll wait for it to appear on what. goatsucker i dont give a shit what you think i have a right to do, this is still how it's gonna play out.

Last edited by dubman; 11-19-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:33 PM
purlieu
enofa

Well, like a lot of people at the moment, I don't actually have much spare money lying around, so this will either have to go into "probably wonderful music I won't get the chance to hear" or "music I'll end up downloading a pirate copy of". Neither a favourable option, but there we go.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

I paid up, but .... Ouch!
Old 11-19-2010, 03:46 PM
ThingInABook
vision

WHY I CAN'T PAY????? D:!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:01 PM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Ok, so I think I probably lashed out a bit in the previous post - I know we're all happy fans really.. Just got a bit riled from what seemed like ages of reading 'when it going to be available' posts to reading 'ah, it's available, but too damned expensive, I want more..'. Sorry...

For the record, I don't think $65 is generally reasonable to pay for a single CD, but equally, this is something that as far as I can tell was never meant to go further than the exhibition, so to some people that exclusiveness increases it's value.