Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM
BrianG
river

yes, the second gig was sufficiently different ;)
i am so, so happy i decided to go to see both nights - so in answer to your question - yes it was

thank you for having me smiling and happy walking back to my bed two nights in a row... i hope i managed to burn enough images of the night into my brain to recall... three that will stay with me...

circles... lines... circles... lines...circles... rick and karl in a field inflating their giant light tubes... and seeing those glittery runners under the curtain before it went up...

Last edited by BrianG; 09-08-2007 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:16 AM
wesw1a
river

Re: yes, the second gig was sufficiently different ;)
set list?
Old 09-09-2007, 12:47 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesw1a
set list?
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Glam Bucket
Moaner
---\

okay, fuck oakenfold.
i dont care if his sets are, at best, equatable to a dumb action movie... one could write a goddamn thesis on why he repesents everything shallow, misguided, and fucking awful about electronic music in the states. THANKS FOR KEEPING THE AMERICAN CONCEPT OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC FIRMLY IMPLANTED IN 1998. THATS GREAT. FUCK YOU.
and the movie projections... holy FUCK. some of the most insipid, exploitative, meaningless, distracting, and overall depressing visuals ever. it was so blindsidingly dumb the first time that it was all reaction-funny, seeing again was a continuing mix of what the fuck and jesus christ.
i'm glad almost no one was into it and even he looked bored because it meant he disappeared faster.
ugh. embarrassing git.
whatever.

tonights energy for underworld ran a complete opposite. yesterday was like a 1-2-3-4 punch of spectacularness before settling into a great and continuing groove. tonight it took awhile to ramp up but 20 minutes in an instrumental momove that would not stop escalating solidified everything and exploded the rest of the night. i cant tell which night was better.

SETLIST

Skyscraper
Improv- Crocodile
Mo Move
Improv - beautiful Burnout (Biro)
Acapella Cowgirl
Glam Bucket
Shake It Higher-TMO
Spikee (five ft five)
Nuxx 2003
fonestrap intro - KoS
Jumbo
Moaner

not everything hurts, but ny neck is well abused and my calves feel like rocks. crocodile is definitely a great live track. i still cant get a handle on what the studio version of beautiful burnout will be like... its sound is so LIVE. Glam Bucket was fucking beautiful.

ahhhhhhhh.

thats the relaxed and deeply satisfied one instead of the shouty one from yesterday.
i'm not thinking anymore.

goodnight.

Last edited by dubman; 09-09-2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:32 AM
BrianG
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesw1a
set list?
it was being updated live here
http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...7&postcount=93
Old 09-09-2007, 09:40 AM
BrianG
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
okay, fuck oakenfold.
i enjoyed parts of his set on both nights... as did a lot of the crowd...
Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

i was there both nights too.
i felt BAD for trying to get into it the night before like it was acceptable simply becase it was a club set and it doesn't have to be smart, right?
going again tonight i realized how much of an awful influence he is on everything. and the reception that night was DRASTICALLY less enthused. before going on he walked around trying to measure the crowd and disappeared again. after being forced to come on all he did was turn up the volume on the SAME SONG like the night before and the crowd was supposed to go nuts.

fucking what?

he half heartedly did the "point at strangers like you know them" BS and quickly dropped it and just did his set, jesus pose, volume adjusting, play some shite LA scene tracks, and exit. no encore. we were so glad.

Last edited by dubman; 09-09-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:59 PM
BrianG
river

i take it you're not an Oakenfold fan then have to say don't quite understand your last post... but suffice to say, i liked parts of his set as did others at the gig... i didn't experience anything to warrant getting one's knickers in a twist!

hopefully back on topic to the thread... which I'd started about Underworld (not Oakenfold, I'm sure he has his own forums!) I'm still over the moon having caught Underworld on this tour, though I was going to miss out as I won't be in Dublin in October... how I wish i was... I'll certainly be telling all my mates back there to expect two fantastic nights

Last edited by BrianG; 09-09-2007 at 05:03 PM.