Rick is back on the DubNo Tour
Rick is back:
https://instagram.com/underworld/p/0IR2HiwRo4/

Glasgow - "the core of the dance" (KH)
Old 03-12-2015, 09:51 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Re: Rick is back on the DubNo Tour
That is seriously good news. Glad to hear he is back (and back on form).

The Brighton Dome gig was excellent - went with a friend who hasn't been to a UW gig before and she was blown away by it - but without Rick it just wasn't quite right.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:24 AM
markreed
mouseman

That's great and I'm well chuffed.

However it is poor form to have played several shows without warning anyone that Rick can't attend. With just Darren it simply ISN'T Underworld.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:28 PM
graysquire
river

He never made it on stage - at the back at the mixing desk. Would that be the first time he's been able to see UW live?

Blinding gig all the same. DP and KH seemed to be taken aback by the crowd noise.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:02 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Now there'll be no end of tweaking everything based on his new vantage point.

It's great to hear that he's back. Assuming the Guardian is correct, when an eye infection turns serious it can be very serious indeed. Glad he's on the mend!
Old 03-12-2015, 08:29 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

I wonder how much control he had from the back? Wouldn't that be something if all the stems were just piped to him and he did it all covertly? he probably just controlled the lights and overall FoH mixing though.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:21 PM
combustible pants
river

just got back from the manchester gig..ears are ringing but in a good way..they rocked it tonight..hearing dubno from start to finish was excellent..crowd were on song too..Hadn't realised rick had been ill when i saw karl and darren take the stage but then karl gave a massive shout out to rick and said he was on the mixing desk..everyone clapped him and he gave a little wave.Was a bit strange not seeing him up there with karl but hey ho because as i was on the ground floor near the mixing desk they were finishing playing born slippy when rick walk past me (presumably to rejoin them backstage) and i got to shake his hand and thank him for the great concert.Had i known about his illness i would have wished him all the best but he seemed pretty chipper.
Highlights for me were dark and long,dirty,tongue and surfboy..Surfboy was just immense..wow..Still buzzing now lol..Hope all the other peeps enjoyed it too!