Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:43 PM
charleswise
UW0137

Re: atlanta
Long time lurker, infrequent poster, just wanted to share my story here. I was luck enough to meet Rick, Karl and Darren before the show and just wanted to say what nice guys they are. I was waiting around while they soundchecked and Rick and Darren came out first. I approached and asked if I could get my Live in Tokyo 2005 cd signed and they were happy to oblige. I then asked Rick if I could get a picture and he said sure but if I waited a couple of minutes I could get one with both Karl and himself. While waiting for Karl, I had about a five minute conversation with Rick about Atlanta, the South, their travel plans, and U2. Karl then came out and I got my picture (taken by Darren) and cd signed. As they were leaving I asked if there was any chance they could play Dirty Epic and Rick said maybe but he couldn't promise anything. Seeing as they did play it, I would like to thanks them for that as well. Here are some pics and me and the guys and my cd. Took a lot of other pics and I'll try to put online soon.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:21 PM
disko_stew
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
the setlist in the first post should be accurate. Bamboo an Push were not played. The paper setlist is def. out of order.

ahh, thanks. i couldn't remember what intro was played to rez/cow...wasn't there a short intro? it didn't sound terribly familiar, so i thought maybe bamboo. guess not. no worries. yeah, it's interesting to see their setlist and then how it changes on-the-fly during the show. thanks for keeping me straight!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:29 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswise View Post
Long time lurker, infrequent poster, just wanted to share my story here. I was luck enough to meet Rick, Karl and Darren before the show and just wanted to say what nice guys they are. I was waiting around while they soundchecked and Rick and Darren came out first. I approached and asked if I could get my Live in Tokyo 2005 cd signed and they were happy to oblige. I then asked Rick if I could get a picture and he said sure but if I waited a couple of minutes I could get one with both Karl and himself. While waiting for Karl, I had about a five minute conversation with Rick about Atlanta, the South, their travel plans, and U2. Karl then came out and I got my picture (taken by Darren) and cd signed. As they were leaving I asked if there was any chance they could play Dirty Epic and Rick said maybe but he couldn't promise anything. Seeing as they did play it, I would like to thanks them for that as well. Here are some pics and me and the guys and my cd. Took a lot of other pics and I'll try to put online soon.

i'm so retardedly jealous.

also if you're the reason they decided to throw dirty epic in there, you're a god among men.

also you should share rick's thoughts on atlanta. because i kept thinking, i hope they get to drive around a bit and see spring here. because my god the flowering trees are freaking amazing right now.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:32 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

lucky man

Where did Karl's pupils go?
Old 03-29-2008, 05:50 PM
taoyoyo
cosmic jogger

That's cool...

I wouldn't have minded saying 'hello' to the band but in all honesty I got such a kick out of seeing them on stage smiling and so obviously loving what they do that that more than sufficed.

Is it true that this is the first time they have played in Atlanta? (I've only been here 4 years but have seen them countless times in the UK)
Old 03-29-2008, 06:21 PM
gillenium

GREAT show! What an emotional night. So many technical problems, and yet Underworld still managed to pull off the best show I could possibly hope for.

Watching the boys up there last night was like watching captains sailing a ship that had sprung several leaks. Mic doesn't work? Pump out an amazing long Darc groove session. Pitch changes without warning? Turn it into a menacing version of Born Slippy.

The crowd was GREAT, the sound system was GREAT, and Underworld was GREAT! And, oh yeah..

I GOT TO TOUCH A GIANT INFLATABLE GLOWSTICK! YE-UH! Yes, I was the one bouncing it

Oh, and I met a really cool guy there who traveled from Colombia and seemed to know all the lyrics. Would he happen to be a member of this forum..?

Edit: Second aside - Would anyone happen to have copies of Karl's last couple of diary entries? I've been without internet a couple days. Ok, last aside - I was up front (where pretty much the only thing you can hear is bass) so does anyone know what Karl said in his Atlanta poem? Thanks
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
I GOT TO TOUCH A GIANT INFLATABLE GLOWSTICK! YE-UH! Yes, I was the one bouncing it
Hey me too, I was the one who practically caught it/stopped it from smacking some peoples heads initially....then everyone started trying to pull it into the crowd and bounce it up, but that tech guy snatched it back REAL fast. FUN!!!!

Most of you there probably saw me - I was right up front on the left side of the stage with a shaved head, glasses, and a newly purchased black UW shirt - I was jumping up and down most of the night like a crazed maniac. I was also the one yelling "FUCK YEAAAAH!" really loud a few times during the night.

The energy was insane in there!

Once again, Thank You So Much Underworld!!!!! Come back soon!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:51 PM
crank
I'm a big sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswise View Post
While waiting for Karl, I had about a five minute conversation with Rick about … U2.
and the contents of this conversation were?!?!?!?!

waiting with baited breath!
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM
lectoid
Is that really you?

Here's a 12 minute video of Juanita that night. I apologize for the sound, as soon as TheNetwerk releases the audio he got that night, I'll redo the video with his sound.

Edit: Video removed until the audio can be redone.

Last edited by lectoid; 03-29-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:29 PM
gillenium

Wait, what did I miss... somebody did a good recording of this?? Are you kidding?? ME WANT!