Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > world.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Deckard
issue 37

Re: Waaaaassssupppp!
At the risk of turning this into a downer, I identify with that too. I listened to some tracks recently that I'd not heard since 1999/2000. Really upbeat music as it happens, but all I felt was utter sadness! That whole era (and specifically that time of my life and everything that was happening) is now so long gone.

Best way to look at it is, another 10 years time and we'll no doubt be thinking exactly the same about now, so just enjoy it and keep looking forward.

Haha, hear endeth the Jerry Springer sermon.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Yeah - know what you mean about turning it into a downer - because what is special about this remix of the original - is that it turns the past into hope.

Having in the last 2 weeks said goodbye to a grandmother and an auntie - I've been doing a lot of thinking about what's gone and what we've lost.

Funny to think that it's been almost a decade since I started here - and I've changed hugely. As has this place. As has the planet.

Ten years ago I was on a whole 'nother road - living large - single - riding a roller-coaster and partying hard. Now I own a home, married and work a regular job. New challenges, new parties.

But in the midst of all the pondering, and wondering about what we've missed out on - or should have said to each other - I have to hope. Each night, I lay my hand on my wife's belly and talk to my child, who's due to arrive onto this planet in early March. I tell them about my day, and how I'm feeling - and sometimes I feel them kick or move.

And that makes me smile. And hope.

On that note we should probably retire this thread or all the young ones will wonder why the old guys are being so boring.

- S. Colbert
Old 11-04-2008, 01:56 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

.........and the correct spelling of bollocks john is BOLLOCKS

that was a public information post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rog View Post
.........and the correct spelling of bollocks john is BOLLOCKS

that was a public information post

I could have a field day with this post, but I don't want to be accused of spreading filth. It seems that is only allowed in America if it's not for free. or something.