Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

Re: horror film recs?
the 4 original Juon series, The Curse/The Grudge (the curse was the tv movie version before the actual movie). the whole series is really low budget but most of the ideas were quite spooky at the time.

Tale of Two Sisters...one of the most visually beautiful suspense/horror movies.

The Phone/Red Shoes...these are 2 different movies (the phone being the better of the two) not neccesarily innovative in any way but fun to watch. Phone probably has the greatest/scariest acting by a 5-6 year old ever (and she kinda looks like my 3 year old bratty niece). Red Shoes, the story doesnt make much sense, but it was kinda fun watching a mom and her little daughter fight over a pair of shoes
Old 02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Re: horror film recs?
I got the Thing on dvd a while ago, great movie (and the dvd has a nice and really long documentary on the making of as well).

The Descent was one of the best of the more recent horror movies I've seen.
Then I watched Silent Hill recently which was pretty good (obviously not up to par with something like The Thing, but for a videogame movie it wasn't bad at all, although not really all that scary).

I haven't seen all those japanese films yet... I think I saw the Ring but none of the others mentioned (I'll get around to it sometime )

Then of course there's the scifi stuff like Alien (the first one I think could be classified as horror, and maybe Alien 3 as well, the other's are more action/thriller stuff)