Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Re: New FSOL/Amorphous Androgynous album
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
three? I thought that there were basically only two main versions...

unless you're counting one of the following as a "third version"
• the Isness (LP) - same, I believe as the 2nd version, but includes Chawawah and is in a different track order
• Isness / Otherness (x2cd) - same as the 2nd version, but with the Otherness bonus disc
• the Otherness - standalone Otherness disc, I think it was only sold in the US?

(edit)
oh yea, then there's the one where it's labeled as the promo/1st version but it's really just the normal 2nd, final version...

(edit 2)
and I just checked Galaxial Pharmaceutical... it looks like there are basically just two versions of the album (in which the songs are different, and not just mispressed)
http://www.secondthought.co.uk/fsol/isness.htm

Well i always think that there are 3 version. I was sure before u posted. Let me check.

EDIT: Yes i checked, i have them all.

1) http://www.discogs.com/release/229146
2) http://www.discogs.com/release/44376
3) http://www.discogs.com/release/47522

All its about this third (Mispressing), its rare version of that.
Most tracks different slightly or majorly from the final version. Only 2,500 copies exist.

And i can say that this version is the best one. Well Im big FSOL fan and It took me ages to get that Mispressing.

undarreworld on slsk (without n)
PM me there and we will sort that out for ya.
Cheers.

Last edited by undarrenworld; 07-29-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:44 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

ok - I think we're both misunderstanding each other... and we're actually talking about the same thing.

What I consider to be the "First Version" / "Promo" is the one you consider to be the "Mispressing". I also was lucky enough to get one of the 2,500 copies of it... strangely enough in a Borders Book & Music Store.

What I've classed as the "Second Version" / "Final" version is the regular commercial release (the one which starts w/ "The Lovers")

When "misspress" came up - I was talking about the version which, although it has the tracklisting which begins w/ Elysian Feels... it really is the standard release (which begins w/ "The Lovers")

So - the only version that I don't have is the one listed here which seems to have shorter versions of the tracks off of the "Misspress" / Rare Version. The Galaxial Pharmaceutical webpage didn't list track lengths, so I always assumed that the promo and the "Misspress" were absolutely identical (because they have the same songs)
Old 07-29-2005, 01:39 PM
purlieu
enofa

For simplicity's sake, I call the "mispress" the Abbey Road Version, as tracks from it ended up as "Abbey Road Version" on The Otherness and it was mastered at Abbey Road. Anyway, three versions:

Final version that got released.
Abbey Road version that was sent out as the first batch of UK promos (I got mine about a month before the leak) as well as 2,500 copies being sold in the US.
Leaked version - this is the third one you don't have. This is different, and is the one most were reviewed from. The discs were sent out in the same sleeve as the Abbey Road one, as Cleopatra had already printed the sleeves and couldn't be bothered to make new ones, but the tracklist is unique. It is essentially the same as the final version, only the tracklist is as so:
1. Elysian Feels
2. The Mello Hippo Disco Show (containing eight bars cut from the final version)
3. Goodbye Sky Reprise
4. The Lovers
5. Go Tell It To The Trees, Egghead
6. Yes My Brother
7. Guru Song
8. Osho
9. Her Tongue Is Like A Jellyfish
10. Meadows
11. High Tide On The Sea Of Flesh
12/13. The Galaxial Pharmaceutical (this was split into two tracks during the silent bit).

And to make this even sillier, here's a list of versions available:
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness - Abbey Road Promo
The Future Sound Of London - The Isness - Incorrect tracklist promo
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness - final mix promo
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness Sampler - promo, contains edits of tracks
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness - release in burgopak case
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness - release in jewel case
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness - 2x12" vinyl
The Future Sound Of London - The Isness - Abbey Road version, "accidental" release
The Future Sound Of London - The Isness - final version
Amorphous Androgynous - The Isness & The Otherness
Amorphous Androgynous - The Otherness

I'm missing three versions.

Right, I'm going to update the website with something about this on to make it simple, as it is very confusing.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:30 PM
joethelion

Oookay...

so if I've got the Abbey Road Version and the Final Version -> then I'm really not missing anything from the Promo? save for the fact that Mello Hippo has eight extra bars and Galaxial... is split w/o the silence

Anyone want to hook me up with the Divinity EP? If not a spare copy, maybe then decent mp3/flac/shn ?????

...please?

Just so I can complete the ol' playlist
Old 07-29-2005, 02:31 PM
purlieu
enofa

Right, this is as unconfusing as I could make it:
http://www.secondthought.co.uk/fsol/whichis.htm
Old 07-29-2005, 02:33 PM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Anyone want to hook me up with the Divinity EP? If not a spare copy, maybe then decent mp3/flac/shn ?????
I'm gunna check with their management next week to see if this will definitely never be released. They're usually alright about non-released stuff being shared and such, so we'll see. I'm surprised it's not around on the net somewhere, though.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 AM
purlieu
enofa

Check this at 9PM (GMT+1):
http://www.sr.se/p3/live/
FSOL's gig from Arvika last year. Setlist from Alice + Isness.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Quote:
So - the only version that I don't have is the one listed here which seems to have shorter versions of the tracks off of the "Misspress" / Rare Version. The Galaxial Pharmaceutical webpage didn't list track lengths, so I always assumed that the promo and the "Misspress" were absolutely identical (because they have the same songs)
Ok we had for the sdame thing different words.
Yes u miss this third version, which i have...
PM me and i can make u complete...
Old 08-03-2005, 04:07 PM
purlieu
enofa

The show tonight was... interesting. Six tracks from Alice In Ultraland, and the first word that comes to mind is... funk. A couple of straight up psych-funk tracks, three of them have a strong groove, and the other sounds like something from Led Zep III.
This is going to be an interesting release.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:16 PM
joethelion

I totally missed that performance!!

...but I hope it'll show up somewhere on the net