Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 AM
stimpee
Administrator

Depeche Mode News
Depeche Mode to release live DVD current tour

Autumn 2006 will hold the release of a brand new live DVD by Depeche Mode. The news was revealed by the french distribution partner for Mute, Labels, on their website. The news is as of yet unconfirmed by Mute but it looks like Labels has posted the news even before Mute issued a press release. Still according to Labels the show would be shot at the Barcelona (Spain) gig but that remains to be checked. Side-Line reported already earlier that there were plans for releasing live material from this tour which is to be one of the most succesful to date considering the pace at which tickets for the shows have been selling worldwide. In the meantime the german promoter, Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur, announced that the New York based 5-piece The Bravery will be joining Depeche Mode on tour in Europe at least at several, if not all, German dates. The Bravery also supported Depeche Mode on certain dates of the US tour. To the electronic minded public The bravery is still quite unknown so they might be looking at a hell of a time at some of their concerts on the road stepping in the footsteps of other acts that were literally 'bottle thrown' off stage.

Reunion and Depeche Mode remix for Telex

Belgian electronica pioneers Telex have remixed Depeche Mode for their next single "A pain that I'm used to" out on December 12th. We contacted Synsound, the studio owned by Dan Lacksman of Telex fame, for some info. In a reaction to Side-Line Dan Lacksman says: "In fact their recordlabel approached us to know if we were interested in doing a remix of that track. Apparently Depeche Mode knows our work and were keen to have a remix done by us. We didn't speak to them personally though." Telex is at the moment working on a new album that is to be released later on in February 2006 through EMI. More details on this very soon. Other remixers for Depeche Mode's newest single include those executed by Stuart Price under the 'Jacques Lu Cont' moniker, Goldfrapp and Bitstream next to the exclusive B-Side "Newborn" which also got remixed by Kettel. Collectors will be pleased to see that there will be a limited edition picture 7". The first one since 1993s "I Feel You". While the two CDs and a DVD will be released on December 12th, the three additional vinyl formats will be available on December 19th

Depeche Mode not satisfied with remixes US market

In an interview with our colleagues of the French Elegy magazine, Depeche Mode's songwriter Martin Gore has said the band are not so keen on the remixes that have been released on the US market for their latest single "Precious". Martin: "We refuse to take any responsibility for the remixes that are being release in America. Mute has always had this strange idea that the US market is very different from the EU market. It's often the label choosing the remixes and honestly most of them are just good for the dustbin. (...) The Americans have a strange mentality and seem stuck in time as if they still listen to house from 10 years ago. I hope that the remixes released on the white labels are not too crappy this time but I fear the worst..." Depeche Mode are to release a new single "A pain that I'm used to" on December 12th in various formats. Check below for more info.

KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas edition 2005 with Depeche Mode and NIN

On December 10 and 11th the US radio station KROQ is once again organising their "KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas" concert series. Playing this year are Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails and Coldplay to name the most important ones. It is the second time that Depeche Mode is playing at this event, the first time being in 1998. The recording of that concert was and still is one of the most saught after bootleg recordings as there are two different recordings floating around, the second one being quite a lot better in sound quality for being a soundboard compared to the FM recording of the first one. More info can be found at www.kroq.com
Old 12-02-2005, 09:36 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Depeche Mode News
ha!

it's true about the American (exclusive) remixes... they're absolute crap
Precious (Calderone & Quayle Damaged Club Mix) (12:04)
Precious (DJ Dan 4 A.M. Mix) (9:51)

...but I don't think it's necessarily the American public in itself - I think it's more due to the record labels continually second-guessing, and underestimating us. It's like that episode of Futurama - where Bender gets an acting job. "It's funny, but are people in the midwest going to get off their tractors and watch it?" (I think that's the quote)
Old 12-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Professor
this is bat country

Send a message via AIM to Professor
well, i'm going to see them on thursday
Old 12-04-2005, 09:44 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelion
ha!

...but I don't think it's necessarily the American public in itself - I think it's more due to the record labels continually second-guessing, and underestimating us. It's like that episode of Futurama - where Bender gets an acting job. "It's funny, but are people in the midwest going to get off their tractors and watch it?" (I think that's the quote)

Yeah, i agree...i don't think US audiences are stuck in a dance music timewarp. It's just that electronic culture is more "subdued" here than in Europe or Japan, say. That's the impression i get, anyway. Perhaps the record company is just playing it safe, like "gee, those Yanks liked Firestarter 9 years ago... let's try that again!"
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 PM
hellie
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
well, i'm going to see them on thursday
It was amazing!!! have fun!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Rog
the fuckest upest

........i've got the Stuart Price remix of 'A pain that i,m used to' on order for Dec 12th and it's great!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:48 PM
absolute zero
river

I can't believe they played "Just can't get enough" last night. I have a theory that someone lost a bet.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

...seeing them tomorrow

wonder if they'll play it again?
Old 12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

i saw Depeche Mode last night at MSG in New York City... it was wonderful. i wasnt all that excited to see them especially since i hadnt really given a true listen to their new album (and disliked Exciter quite a bit.)

but was i ever happy that i went last night. they didnt play one single song from Exciter and their new stuff worked quite well.

awesome visuals. much better than their tour of 4 years ago.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:40 PM
EuroZeroZero
Antistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth
i saw Depeche Mode last night at MSG in New York City... it was wonderful. i wasnt all that excited to see them especially since i hadnt really given a true listen to their new album (and disliked Exciter quite a bit.)

but was i ever happy that i went last night. they didnt play one single song from Exciter and their new stuff worked quite well.

awesome visuals. much better than their tour of 4 years ago.
They didnt play Goodnight Lovers?? (from exciter). That was one of the best songs they sang when I saw them a month ago.