Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 09-28-2019, 02:51 AM
mark3
pants

Re: Biro The Leggy (Romford Dub)
There was another version (live jam?) played at the Tribute to John Peel back in December 2004. The one that has the Asian guy sample. Not sure if you all know this already

I extracted the track and put it up here.

Slightly different from the first version (January 2004?). It has and the 'junkies, criminals, fugitives' sample (looong outro) as well as others too. Audience can been heard throughout the track, though

Last edited by mark3; 09-28-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2019, 05:28 AM
mark3
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadevil View Post
Definitely fixed on the d/l this morning.

So...who’s the girl?
Not sure, but it could be Clodagh Simonds from Fovea Hex. I think it sounds like her - and they worked with her while making OwB.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:15 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

If I recall correctly, during one of the old Lemonworld broadcasts Rick said that Beautiful Burnout had the longest gestation time of any Underworld track up to that point. That must have been sometime between 2006-2008. I suppose that development would have been about five years? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm fucking up the timeline.

But I'm curious to know if there's a subsequent track that took even longer?
Old 09-28-2019, 09:42 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
If I recall correctly, during one of the old Lemonworld broadcasts Rick said that Beautiful Burnout had the longest gestation time of any Underworld track up to that point. That must have been sometime between 2006-2008. I suppose that development would have been about five years? I wouldn't be surprised if I'm fucking up the timeline.

But I'm curious to know if there's a subsequent track that took even longer?
Biro the Leggy first appeared in the wild at Electraglide 2000, so its inclusion on OwB in 2007 put its gestation at about 7 years.

Bird 1 later blew that away. It debuted (as Strumpet) in the wild at that same Electraglide 2000 show. So when it was finished on Barking, that was almost 10 years.

Always Loved a Film also went 7 years, first debuting at Electraglide 2003 (and being started in the studio in April 2003 according to Rick in a radio show).

You could maybe count stuff like Are You Rockstar, which went 22 years from its XFM debut in 1997 till its download release this year. Similarly Santiago Cuatro was recorded in April 2008 and released 8 years later on Barbara Barbara. But both of those were essentially unchanged from their initial debut till their official release, so I don't consider it the same as songs like Beautiful Burnout and ALAF which were iterated constantly during their development period.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:57 PM
khouri
khondo dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
Biro the Leggy first appeared in the wild at Electraglide 2000, so its inclusion on OwB in 2007 put its gestation at about 7 years.

Bird 1 later blew that away. It debuted (as Strumpet) in the wild at that same Electraglide 2000 show. So when it was finished on Barking, that was almost 10 years.

Always Loved a Film also went 7 years, first debuting at Electraglide 2003 (and being started in the studio in April 2003 according to Rick in a radio show).

You could maybe count stuff like Are You Rockstar, which went 22 years from its XFM debut in 1997 till its download release this year. Similarly Santiago Cuatro was recorded in April 2008 and released 8 years later on Barbara Barbara. But both of those were essentially unchanged from their initial debut till their official release, so I don't consider it the same as songs like Beautiful Burnout and ALAF which were iterated constantly during their development period.
Marvelous. Thanks, T. You're the best!
Old 09-29-2019, 08:02 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

Agreed! I never would have been able to piece together all of that!

uw0006
Old 12-30-2019, 02:17 PM
DoctorRad
mouseman

Is there still a live download link for this, or could someone put it somewhere for me?
Old 12-30-2019, 09:23 PM
mark3
pants

Here you go
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRad View Post
Is there still a live download link for this, or could someone put it somewhere for me?