Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:21 PM
cacophony
disquietude

Re: atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by holls View Post
We sat in the seats, stage right, 3rd row up in the section closest to the stage. I'll have to post some links to the photos, once I get them tonight, in the next day or so. I had a good photo of me & my dude on my camera but my aunt who flew into town Sunday for my cousin's wedding this Saturday left her camera at home in OH and borrowed mine, so it's about 100 miles away from me at the moment.

-Holls
dude. were you sitting next to a big bald guy in nerd glasses? because my husband and i were sitting in the section closest to the stage, stage right, 3rd row up. i was on the aisle and my husband was the next one in. i remember there was a guy sitting 2 seats down from him. was that you??
Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Should've brought my camera damnit! Thought they'd be strict about them for some reason....

Seems EVERYONE else who was there filmed it though.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
TheNetwerk
river

Since there was a thread dedicated to people requesting this song....

Here is Juanita/Kiteless from Atlanta.

http://rapidshare.com/files/10419819...2008_.mp3.html

I've never used rapidshare, so hopefully it will work. If not, sorry.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:43 PM
RoniPhD
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
GREAT show! What an emotional night. So many technical problems, and yet Underworld still managed to pull off the best show I could possibly hope for.

Watching the boys up there last night was like watching captains sailing a ship that had sprung several leaks. Mic doesn't work? Pump out an amazing long Darc groove session. Pitch changes without warning? Turn it into a menacing version of Born Slippy.

The crowd was GREAT, the sound system was GREAT, and Underworld was GREAT! And, oh yeah..

I GOT TO TOUCH A GIANT INFLATABLE GLOWSTICK! YE-UH! Yes, I was the one bouncing it

Oh, and I met a really cool guy there who traveled from Colombia and seemed to know all the lyrics. Would he happen to be a member of this forum..?

Edit: Second aside - Would anyone happen to have copies of Karl's last couple of diary entries? I've been without internet a couple days. Ok, last aside - I was up front (where pretty much the only thing you can hear is bass) so does anyone know what Karl said in his Atlanta poem? Thanks
Yes, I'm a member, but this is my second entry ( I'm not good at written english but I'll try). Underworld, the sound system, the set list and the crowd were awesome, as Jim said. It was also really exciting to witness how they manage to overcome difficulties in such a smooth joyfully manner. They were just laughing and letting themselves to the vibe of the crowd. The inflatables have such a good design that they stay in place no matter the tilt, and are promptly deployed and collapsed.
Long Live Underworld!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
gillenium

Hey, RoniPhD! You're the same guy I chatted with at the front before the show? I was the guy with the black beanie on. If so, awesome Your last post said you're working in Morgantown - wouldn't happen to be Morgantown, West Virginia would it? Because I live in Huntington!
Old 04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
RoniPhD
river

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium View Post
Hey, RoniPhD! You're the same guy I chatted with at the front before the show? I was the guy with the black beanie on. If so, awesome Your last post said you're working in Morgantown - wouldn't happen to be Morgantown, West Virginia would it? Because I live in Huntington!
Right on! West Virginia,
We need to dub 'n' bass this Mountains ASAP!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:26 AM
crank
I'm a big sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
gtfo. i was sitting on the steps while my other friend used the um, facilities. you had to see us walk by... not many people did. my one friend has a faux-hawk.
yeah, i saw you... i looked towards you all thinking, i wonder... and sure enough.

i remember thinking you weren't too subtle in your, er, use of said facilities!

haha
Old 04-07-2008, 03:51 PM
Sinus
resonator

I used the facilities at the show.
And I gave $2 to the funky man for helping me wash my hands.