Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: xlr8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
it's amazing the extent to which some people will rationalize their own knee-jerk reactions. making fun of XLR8R's name? hello this is (well, was) rave culture. and you've seen Underworld song titles, right?

each entry on this best/worst-of list is supposed to be a review? did i miss something?

and i echo what idoru said about the 'talent' comment.

IMjustanotherinternetO these artist best/worst-of lists are a better reflection of what someone likes and dislikes than any "consensus" poll. they're a better read as well. i don't know who the Dirty Crew are, but at least i was convinced by them. that line made me laugh, even though i didn't agree with it. it IS possible to be an Underworld fan without every random diss getting your panties in a bunch (i used to think...).

Fine with me. I also find it amazing the efforts to which you go to undermine my opinions around these boards. It's like you know me better than i know myself, even judging my intent (i didn't even realize it was a knee-jerk reaction! And making fun of the name? That was juvenile and you were right to call me out). Ah, you've gotten my pants all bunchy. I'm gonna go walk it off while i consider how your opinion is superior to everyone else's here.

p.s. is this the response you were hoping for? I imagine you sitting and waiting to see if i'll/some one will bite. Congrats!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 AM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden
I'm gonna go walk it off while i consider how your opinion is superior to everyone else's here.

p.s. is this the response you were hoping for? I imagine you sitting and waiting to see if i'll/some one will bite. Congrats!
i wasn't "hoping" for anything, or trying to "undermine" you in particular, god. several people are trying to "undermine" this one sentence (also known as AN OPINION, Captain Opinion) by saying that the quoted don't have enough talent or that it's not a good review (besides overreacting in general). this seems unfair and not logical. i did (and do) assume that this is elaborate knee-jerking. when you're on an Underworld board that's a much better assumption than "you have no common sense".
Old 12-19-2007, 08:51 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Hihihihihihi

Where else are we realistically able to vent our knee-jerk fan boy/gurl spleen if it isn't here, in the Underworld forum? If this was a serious discussion about a pondered, meaningful review by a notable voice in the music industry, I am sure we would be less childish and give it the consideration it deserved, whatever side of the opinion line our views would fall.

But anyone silly enough to review an album the way the Dirt Crew - oh the irony of that name - did it deserves nothing more than derision and silly comments imo.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:15 AM
gaborez
everythingeverythingevery

stop being silly janie. you... you... you poopy pants
Old 12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
kid cue
ryooong

hey, i'm cool with knee-jerk fanboy/gurlisms, as long as they're not pretending to be anything but that. the tone was sounding much too "my opinion is better than their opinion for x, y, and z reasons" -- you know, that problem that i have :-P

PS. it's NOT A REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Last edited by kid cue; 12-19-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:52 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborez
stop being silly janie. you... you... you poopy pants
Oooooh. I'm telling my dad now.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
patrick
river

who knows what he meant. maybe he's a big uw fan and very disapointed with the albumn... I can see how he feels because half of the songs on the albumn are just not interesting to me. And that isn't a big deal for me (or him say), but what does make a difference is the amount of incredible stuff that they have put out recently that hasn't really been released properly (ie. mastered and good quality sound). It bugs me, because OWB would have been their best albumn if they put ALAF, you do scribble, darc, bamboo etc on it!
Old 12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Cadevil
exilio

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick
who knows what he meant. maybe he's a big uw fan and very disapointed with the albumn... I can see how he feels because half of the songs on the albumn are just not interesting to me. And that isn't a big deal for me (or him say), but what does make a difference is the amount of incredible stuff that they have put out recently that hasn't really been released properly (ie. mastered and good quality sound). It bugs me, because OWB would have been their best albumn if they put ALAF, you do scribble, darc, bamboo etc on it!
See "My own perfect version of OWB"
http://www.darktrain.org/dirty/forum...ead.php?t=7128
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 AM
TomTom
mouseman

Opinions are like assholes..everybody has one. The internet is full of shite and if you start thinking about the smallest literary outpourings from some people who only want to bash something you have already lost. Just my 0.01 cents.