Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 06-23-2015, 09:49 AM
whatkilesaid
river

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Wow, what a great time! Met so many people. Hi gcoleman99 and cdave2! Roscoes was great. Fun picnicking with the dirtyepic crew. Loved the Bowl. First time there and I'm dying to go back. I had such a blast dancing like a fool with everyone.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:30 PM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Also, from now on the album should be known as nubdo in honor of Jason Bentley flubbing the name in the intro. :P
Old 06-23-2015, 02:03 PM
cdave2
dancin' fool

I propose that as the title for the new one.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

just a quick checkin here. i'm sitting on a generous sum of candid/soundcheck and live performance images. might be a week or two before getting sign-off from band management on what they'll allow me to share.

had fantastic conversations with band and met their families. karl even recognized my second toughest in the infants sleeve-tattoo. wish i could say something that hasn't been said about their kind-hearted nature, but here it as again. such sincere people! darren was a bit shy at first, but i managed to get him to share some insights on the updated tech.

have no arguments on the setlist. completely fit the occasion and it was a treat to hear the slight mods to each track, which had new and fun elements different from previous tours. i'll also add the lighting rig was exceptional. it's easy to go unnoticed with their fast configurations, but my stills managed to capture some really dynamic compositions.

solid meeting you dirts as well!

Last edited by Chris M; 06-23-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:13 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

A couple more positive reviews of the show:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/s...yde-dance.html
http://music.mxdwn.com/2015/06/22/re...ollywood-bowl/
Old 06-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Cowboy
Any Reason Will Do

I swear I saw some glowsticks that we're defying gravity. It was this one section that would toss it in the air, and then they would float down, like it was a glowstick drone lol - seriously my buddy saw em too, never seen glowsticks float back to the ground, anyone?
Was my 5th show and one of my favs by far, my section was jumping in unison to the beats, so much fun, hope we get a new LP announcement soon, love these lads!
Old 06-24-2015, 09:20 PM
dubnobasswithme
koob!

I was very pleased with how things all played out. Since they weren't mixing between songs, I really appreciated Karl talking about several of them before they started. In particular, I appreciated his comment on the lyrical content of Dirty Epic and how it represented an extremely dark time for him (the "dark stuff"). He then added that Rick took the lyrics and crafted something beautiful from it.

I was initially sad when I realized they weren't going to do dubnobass in full, but as soon as the concert was over, it all made sense. The majority of the people there couldn't care less about Tongue or River Of Bass. To include those songs would have brought down the whole vibe. UW correctly played it upbeat and kept people on their feet

On a more personal note, I did get the chance to see Skyscraper, Spoonman, and Dirty Epic (!!!) performed live. Only been waiting around 15 years for that to happen

uw0006
Old 06-25-2015, 06:39 AM
jose m
pants

right on re the set.
i've seen the dubno shows and they work to a fan audience but not really to a casual crowd.
Old 06-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
just a quick checkin here. i'm sitting on a generous sum of candid/soundcheck and live performance images. might be a week or two before getting sign-off from band management on what they'll allow me to share. had fantastic conversations with band and met their families. karl even recognized my second toughest in the infants sleeve-tattoo. wish i could say something that hasn't been said about their kind-hearted nature, but here it as again. such sincere people! darren was a bit shy at first, but i managed to get him to share some insights on the updated tech. have no arguments on the setlist. completely fit the occasion and it was a treat to hear the slight mods to each track, which had new and fun elements different from previous tours. i'll also add the lighting rig was exceptional. it's easy to go unnoticed with their fast configurations, but my stills managed to capture some really dynamic compositions. solid meeting you dirts as well!
Really looking forward to viewing your work! I already saw the soundcheck and fan group pictures on Facebook. That group shot was fun to be a part of. Again, congrats on earning the gig. Jason
Old 06-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Chris M
dirtiest sensor ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Really looking forward to viewing your work! I already saw the soundcheck and fan group pictures on Facebook. That group shot was fun to be a part of. Again, congrats on earning the gig. Jason
Thanks, Jason!

Looks like the band have started tickling a handful of images - wish we could should share the whole lot already: https://www.facebook.com/underworldl...52990340312849