Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
galama
mouseman

Dirty Poets Society
Let's comment on Underworld's lyrics. Let's open wide our mind's eyes and tune in the brain of each track that has poetry in it. I would like to see how each of us interprets a track.

There is a little twist however. I have a different vision and i am asking for your honest participation. Someone will propose a track and than after one week of it's announcement each of us will post our own thoughts. No peeking...meaning no reading the thread before you chip in your 2 cents or a wad of dollar bills for that matter. Go crazy...if you have a whole story as an interpretation of your track, let us hear it.

edit: or maybe some people experience the lyrics differently under various circumstances. how a song is experienced is sometimes personal. i'm getting too philosophical with this and ruining it before anything even started.

Last edited by galama; 10-02-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

Re: Dirty Poets Society
Feel strange picking a song that's not out for a couple of weeks but I'm going with Faxed Invitation mainly because the previous albums' lyrics have been done to death.

"go down with the body hookers - stroking, clutching, caressing on the corner lip to lip"
"no separate bills"
"squeeze your libido"
"craving company and legs...you look good to me"
"you looked so great when I saw you in an alley like a whore"

Put it all together and it appears to be a song about a dude who is very attracted to someone he finds in an alley.