Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 03:21 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: David Bowie - ( Low )
Lets Dance is overrated (even though its got 4 top 10 hits on it). Station To Station is just popular with bowie fans, and rightly so. "1. Outside" (to give it its full title) is underrated for sure and I can only hope that there is a 2. and a 3.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:41 PM
purlieu
enofa

Let's Dance isn't overrated, surely? The opinion tends to be - as far as I've found - it's pretty good for 80s pop, but poor for Bowie. I'd completely agree.
Station To Station... I don't get. Wild Is The Wind and the title track are great, rest I find average.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:15 AM
ffolkes
Rufus Excalibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by purlieu
Station To Station... I don't get. Wild Is The Wind and the title track are great, rest I find average.
Average? Listen to Word On A Wing, listen to it closely
Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Station to Station is a pretty solid album. The only so-so track is Golden Years, which I think was kinda a cash in on the whole "Fame" sound know what I mean...

...anyways - he wrote that song for Elvis in the first place

but yea - Heathen is an incredible album. I'd say that that one, 1.Outside, and Earthling were his best albums after Scary Monsters. Buddha of Suburbia is a good album, but it's fuckoff hard to find & it has a very mellow feel to it throughout (even when it's probably not intentional)
Old 08-26-2005, 03:10 PM
purlieu
enofa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffolkes
Average? Listen to Word On A Wing, listen to it closely
Argh. I've listened to the album loads, just trying to hear what people get out of it. The four middle tracks just don't appeal to me that much, in the same way Young Americans doesn't. I don't dislike them, I certainly wouldn't turn them off, but I have no huge desire to listen to them either. Nice enough. Eh.