Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:22 AM
lloyd
bungalow

Re: 2010-09-11 Berlin - We Are One Festival
the whole thing was broadcasted by www.fritz.de (sorry only found out a few hours ago, we did search for a broadcast or stream yesterday but didn't find it then)
mp3's floating around the webs now
Old 09-12-2010, 08:59 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
mp3's floating around the webs now
There's a page with download links to radio stream rips of most of last night's acts: URTranceZone.

Now listening to the UW file from RapidShare. 82.9 MB MP3 @ 128 kB/s, 1:30:35. Quality is quite good, with the occasional radio voice-over.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:14 AM
froopy seal

YouTubes

Downpipe
(must have been taken from close to where we stood)

Born Slippy.NUXX

I believe the whole event was video-taped. Maybe something official will appear from the organisers...
Old 09-12-2010, 10:39 AM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

It was a great gig for me and I had a great time, although the setlist was as expected, and the atmosphere was terrible compared to Underworld's non-festival shows.

Was a few metres from the stage, but most of the people in front seemed to standing around chatting for most of UW, not even watching the stage - it looked like they were just there for PvD. They only got slightly animated when they played Born Slippy.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:24 PM
froopy seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatSucker View Post
It was a great gig for me and I had a great time, although the setlist was as expected, and the atmosphere was terrible compared to Underworld's non-festival shows.

Was a few metres from the stage, but most of the people in front seemed to standing around chatting for most of UW, not even watching the stage - it looked like they were just there for PvD. They only got slightly animated when they played Born Slippy.
I'm afraid it's true what you say about the atmosphere. The crowd was a joke. Even through the sets of their beloved idols Armin van Buuren and Paul van Dyk, they never went really wild. From the beginning I had this feeling that the whole festival was more of a staged event than a joyful party. Like it was more important to show off your (trance-y) fan wear and take tons of photos as a proof of attendance.

Strangely, some of the new songs, even quieter ones, were well received, albeit in an attentive mood instead of outward celebration.

In spite of all this, Rick and Karl seemed to have a fun night. Even Rick was rather joyous and sang along on the new songs happily.

Well, however silly the crowd might have been, my friend and I had a great time. Thanks to GoatSucker and skinnybackpacker for a splendid night out. And my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Bootleg who wasn't able to attend the gig.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
skinnybackpacker
traveler/wanderer

Had a great time. Glad I went for sure.

I was a little concerned that this wouldn't be the best venue to see Underworld live, and unfortunately I was right. Hope to see them for their own show, I'm sure the atmosphere will be better.

As for the new tracks, I wasn't really feeling them that much personally, gave me a little time to cool down at least. Crowd didn't really seem to be getting much of anything at all, old or new. Was crushed that there was no Pearl's Girl or Jumbo.

Thought it was really cool how Karl especially seemed to be enjoying himself.

Excellent to meet froopy_seal +1 and GoatSucker. Good times.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Mike
born013

Updated on the Gigography:

http://uwlive.rowla.com/gigs/view/402

Looks like Train is the wildcard on these festival gigs..
Old 09-26-2010, 12:02 AM
jumbotron
river

The broadcast audio is great - I hope one of the gigs I see gets this treatment.

Although it has one of the world's worst cutaways to cheesy music & an anncr for about a minute during TMO. Argh. You get what you pay for I guess... I'm still in the black.