Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > moments.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:48 AM
jose m
pants

Re: Kentish Town Forum 16-09-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatobroth View Post
Oh we're all aware that the average concert goer in any given city isn't on dirty. thats been documented many times on these forums.

i just didn't want to feel 'wrong' for critiquing the live shows from an mega-fan point of view. As a mega-fan, its sad to see the live show slip into convention.

They tried this once before awhile back. I forget exactly when, but it was received the exactly the same way. Starty-stoppy songs, in an expected set list. Blah.

And I'm not convinced by this whole 'album promotion' tour as a reason to play the same set. They play the east coast of the US once or twice every 3 years. Its not like they'll be back around in January and then we'll get the more showy show. This is the show we get.

Disclaimer: the points above are just observations. i'm still thrilled as hell to see them live again.
sorry for stating the fucking obvious .....its a work habit
i think they are trying to do album promotion in the uk and europe hence the radio1 ibiza,itunes,a "press" show at the forum,"we are one" in berlin etc but i see what your saying about the states...just have to wait and see i suppose?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Re: 2010-09-16 Kentish Town Forum
really enjoyed the gig despite missing the first 2/3 songs due to having to work late and slow trains/tube................grrrr

good to hear the new songs despite not having heard the new album yet, anyhow what i did hear of the new stuff sounds very promising.

good crowd & atmosphere, especially for a london gig actually its quite nice to go to a gig where you don't feel decades older than the majority

only compliant was the volume, wasn't nearly loud enough for me. ears didn't ring at all afterwards and the lack of volume diluted the power of some of the songs as you could hear people drowning karls lyrics out

Pearls girl was the highlight for me.
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:58 AM
whatmakesustick

A boring review of the gig.......but i love the comment at the bottom:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...=feeds-newsxml
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
fastone
river

Just rembered .... I meant to ask earlier.....Karl appears to have forsaken the Superstars (spangled and plain) ....what were on his feet??

Someone down at the front must know.

Thanks