Alive in Joburg http://www.spyfilms.com/ click on Alive in Joburg

Tetra Vaal http://www.spyfilms.com/#neill_blomk..._vaal-robotics

There are some other ads he did on the same page

Tempbot http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...89436202226414
Old 08-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: District 9
Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Great main characters - ordinary people (and aliens) who are drawn into a situation that requires them to step up as the heroes. I'll probably be seeing this one again...
Old 08-24-2009, 12:50 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

http://www.madamandeve.co.za/cartoons/me004427.jpg
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

really enjoyed this one. i even could have done without all the action towards the end in order to focus only on the social aspect of it.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:58 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Enjoyed this one, too. - As opposed to all the girls who were dragged into the cinema by their splatter-thirsty boyfriends. Man, those were a lot of humanoids to have their guts sprayed all over the screen (and camera).

I particularly liked how harmoniously the Boer mercenaries and Nigerian weapon dealers focused on a common enemy in the end.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Strawman
mouseman

Great film but a bit disturbing for me.....maybe I'm just getting soft in my old age.

Also loved how it was set in Sth Africa; lots of parallels with actual scenarios with apartheid.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:58 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Wow, this movie delivered!
It was extra cool because of all the people talking with dutch accents and having names like Wikus, Piet and Koobus
Luckily the trailers hadn't given away all of the plot like they tend to do these days (Terminator Salvation trailer, I'm looking at you!) and I had avoided reading anything in depth about it so it was pretty exciting all the way trough.
Effects were gorgeous and seemless, and the acting very good overall. Sharlto Coply did a great job and was a lot of fun to watch, which was especially impressive considering he had no previous acting experience apart from the short film this was based on, and was apparently ad-libbing all his lines in the docu-sequences.

will definitely buy this on dvd too when it comes out.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Leon
bungalow

I have mixed feelings. I liked most of the movie and the topic was interesting, but the part with the mech-robot felt unnessesary, they could have used that time for taking it a bit slower in the documentary-like first part. I guess I just liked that part better than the action packed scenes later on. Especially when Wikus felt the pain when his mech-robot got hit + the "you go ahead, you'll make it" emotional scene were a bit unbelievable to me. Did I miss the bonding between the two? For me it all happened a bit too fast.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

Another short film from 2006:

Adicolor Yellow

Old 12-03-2009, 02:55 PM
stimpee
Administrator

"Neill Blomkamp was slated to become the director for the Halo movie... However, plans changed and now he's the director for District 9. This was the last thing he directed before being hired on as the director for the movie.

adidas creates a film series celebrating color, customization and personal expression. Each director was given a blank canvas to create a short film based on their emotional and creative response to a given color - Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, Black or White.

This film 'Yellow' by Neill Blomkamp illustrates what happens when a thinking machine integrates with society."

btw, loved the movie. Went in knowing nothing about it. Its great. Leaves the door open to District 10. Also I can see why they put it in South Africa. After all the authorities didnt come out of it looking good. So the USA is out And SA already has a bad rep with Apartheid and high murder rates...