Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:13 AM
gillenium

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo@DJB
Well ... not complete through ...

She's also going to perform a strip-act on "Cowgirl"
Yeah, she's a cow alright.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Jason Roth
The Vice President

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing rea
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillenium
Yeah, she's a cow alright.
So she's a little big. I have no problem with that.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing rea
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
The quoted message board is run and owned from my mate Kamal and myself. I hope it is not on the hate list here now. I saw this post as well today and thought it is disrespectful but so are many hasty written careless posts. If your heart does not beat for something and you have no clue what acts like Underworld or other bands do when they play live you ask such questions I guess. But ignorance is everywhere and thinking a DJ makes it to the top because he can push a few buttons is as clueless as asking why Underworld are not mixing the tracks into each other during a live show at least.
nice one TomTom. We dont take this seriously as you can probably guess. We know Underworld are just great live and it would take more detailed baiting than this to get us going Otherwise we would actually be arguing the point rather than taking the piss! Underworld dont need to "mix" their songs. They actually often do segue songs into each other or use bridging tracks, but as each track is using "live" sequencing its quite complex. Certainly more complex than mixing two records together. As for clownyboy Karl, well he provides us with some stream of words and does his thing. We wouldnt have it any other way.

As for Digweed I saw him right after Underworld on Friday night. He played all night and to be honest was boring for the first 3 hours before really kicking off and melting the place. Why he waited so long I dont know...

Last edited by stimpee; 09-17-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:26 PM
Butcher of Bakersfield
videobutcher

Re: just the little clowny boy singing live, so what are the other two guys doing really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abo@DJB
Well ... not complete true ...

She's also going to perform a strip-act on "Cowgirl"
immediately afterward at which point she gained back all her street cred.

i actually dug the "I'm board with this whole thing, cause its shit, and this song is trash" attitude. thanks Brit for showing us that you're not as dumb as we've been lead to believe.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:42 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
just the little clowny boy singing live
As others have pointed out this weekend, he really looked more like a muppet.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
TomTom
mouseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpee
nice one TomTom. We dont take this seriously as you can probably guess. We know Underworld are just great live and it would take more detailed baiting than this to get us going Otherwise we would actually be arguing the point rather than taking the piss! Underworld dont need to "mix" their songs.
Thanks, stimpee. Good to know..I was already worried because opinions are made fast in the Internet without knowing people for real. I know die hard fans can be easily pissed off if somebody acts disrespectful about their most favourite artists and I am glad to see that this board is almost drama free and most things are handled with a good sense of humor..not a given these days and that's why I also like it here though I have to admit that I am more reading than posting.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom
this board is almost drama free and most things are handled with a good sense of humor..
oh how we wish that were true... lol

check the current OWB t-shirt thread!!!

as for the post it was funny, considering the guy had seen them live too...

why the hype about any band live... what does Keith Richrads do for example... and he's been doing the same shit with that Jagger Clown boy for like 40 years....

its horses for courses and that post, although not scathing, was funnier for its 'clowny' boy reference than anything else...
Old 09-18-2007, 07:07 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

oh matt
dont be so butthurt about the OWB thread.
you were just wrong
Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 AM
Liam
too cool for scholastics

I dunno, I think the guy's got a point. Why don't they mix their tracks? They certainly used to. Recordings from before 1998 are straight out seamless jams beginning to end; layer upon layer or rhythm, melody, bass and improvisation. Now they just play their tracks and it basically does sound as if they were taken off the the album. I know that they do sequence it live, but they don't do nearly as much with it as they used to. Underworld are still a great live band, but they used to be so much more.
ALT-F4
CTRL-ALT-DEL
CTRL-ALT-DEL
Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 AM
BrotherLovesDub
barking dog

the tracks were mostly mixed together in SF and Denver. i'd say they only stopped and started for about 4 songs.

i completely disagree that the versions sound like LP versions. that was certainly true in 2002 but not so anymore.

compared to assbandits the Chemical Brothers, who basically press play on their CD then mug and ham it up for the crowd, UW created quite diff. versions each night. i saw 3 shows and each show was different. each song that i heard 3 times was different enough each night for me to pick out some unique moments.

Last edited by BrotherLovesDub; 09-18-2007 at 10:05 AM.