Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Cons
------
Topspin's backend.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 AM
whatmakesustick

Re: Underworldlive.com 4.0 - New beta website
It may just be me, but I can't see a 'basket' link - to after adding a couple of items and then continuing to shop, the only way I could go back to my basket to complete checkout was to add something else and then remove it.

Not that keen on the homepage - I likes the diary on the homepage - now, after selecting the daily diary you still have another click to get the full diary entry. And its been mentioned that the navigation at the bottom of the homepage is inconsistent with the rest of the site.

Liking the overall 'feel' of the site though.

Print version of the book of jam(s) would be cool!
Old 12-06-2011, 04:01 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
It may just be me, but I can't see a 'basket' link - to after adding a couple of items and then continuing to shop, the only way I could go back to my basket to complete checkout was to add something else and then remove it.
Same here. Even more annoyingly, adding both new albums and the hoodie bundle to an order resulted in a "cart too heavy" error, meaning I had to separate it into two orders with twice the shipping and handling costs. Possibly a problem of differing release dates (Dec 2011 v. Jan 2012)?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:41 AM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

You might find it easier then to order directly from the Topspin interface, rather than through the Underworldlive.com front-end:

http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/
Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Hi all... been awhile.

Fairly chuffed with the new site.. Though id love the diary to be given prominence on the home page. I dont like landing pages.. and as cool as it may seem I'd like to get straight into the content without having to click somewhere.

Like I said there should be a spot for the latest blog post to be read in full on the home page.. or at least a significant chunk. Its nice to have "previous" and "next" links in the site it just just feels that the blog is now marginalised and frankly that was the main reason why i go there in the first place.

Love to see the art and music getting a good show.

I'll say it now though... I have seeing "coming soon" on a website.. the last version had this all over the place. I see it in a couple of places now and while it is nice to think that someday these things will be updated the fact is that they may never. So either take down those sections until they are ready or read back over this post in a year and see if i eat my words. I hope you have time to fill in the "coming soon" bits!

Well done though.. it is quite lovely
Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Mike
born013

Underworld are part of the best design collective in the world. Its a mighty shame this is the website they have gone for.

Part of my whole reason i got in to Underworld was the inspiring working relationship with Tomato. Besides a few album covers and some of Karl's snapshots it lacks any visual representation of Underworld. Its seems a bit bland and undignified for such a creative band.

Last edited by Mike; 12-06-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM
testudo
JunkiesCriminalsFugitives

Location: The international territory and the mighty infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Underworld are part of the best design collective in the world. Its a mighty shame this is the website they have gone for.

Part of my whole reason i got in to Underworld was the inspiring working relationship with Tomato. Besides a few album covers and some of Karl's snapshots it lacks any visual representation of Underworld. Its seems a bit bland and undignified for such a creative band.
I don't agree with all of your comments, but you do have something here...
Old 12-07-2011, 06:48 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
You might find it easier then to order directly from the Topspin interface, rather than through the Underworldlive.com front-end:

http://underworldlive.spinshop.com/
No better. Can't even add different items into one basket. Probably a cookie issue, despite having allowed those.

I should add, though, that it might have something to do with my software configuration, what with all these nice Flash and script blockers weaving their protective nets in the background.

EDIT: It's not a pressing matter for me anymore since I've ordered in two batches.

Last edited by froopy seal; 12-07-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM
potatobroth
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post

i agree. sadly.

and being brutally honest, any website that has text that can't be copied/pasted has a pretty big problem, IMO.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:39 PM
industri_studios
mouseman

I'm just bummed the "human" (read: Medium/Large) black men's shirts are sold out already...

Also a little bummed that the men's shirts have breast pocket placement for the logo, while the women's have (IMHO) a much cooler layout...

(I know - things will be restocked, and my complaints are all opinion LOL)