Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2010, 07:31 PM
chems1919
mouseman

Reznor - How to Destroy Angels
I don't now if there's any Trent Reznor fans here, but I was wondering what you guys thought of his new project with his wife and Atticus Ross. They released a new video for "The Space in Between" and it's probably one of the best videos I've seen. The effects with the fire and the abrupt ending are pretty cool.

It took me a while to get use to Mariqueen's voice, but it's growing on me. I just love the atmospheric sound and the blaring guitars that build-up. I think Atticus Ross is largely responsible for this; it's reminiscent of the score he did for The Book of Eli, which was downright incredible. I think they're using similar equipment as NIN's Fragile days, which is good because I'll always have a special place in my heart for that album.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 AM
ndrwrld
blue

Re: Reznor - How to Destroy Angels
lol at Reznor in the title.
i wonder if this project will go over well live ( without people screaming for Closer ).

Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Future Proof
Richard Simmons

Big Reznor fan here, I didn't start out that way but as I get older and principally as his albums get older (and yet weather the passage of time well), I just realize how fantastic a composer he is. So as a result, I am also extremely excited about this new project. Considering how the Saul Williams collab turned out, I think it will be wonderful to have Trent out once again from under the NiN umbrella, to work on some fresh ideas without being tempted to follow a theme, legacy or sound. And kudos to Trent for finding damn near the hottest woman in the world to be the vocalist, not to mention his wife... ::checks pulse, wipes sweat from brow, rolls tongue back into mouth:: But on the subject of the vocals, I'm a tad underwhelmed by Mariqueen, as it seems like her deliveries are so timid and tame. Hopefully she'll pull a Shirley Manson and really jump out of her shell in time.

But yes, bring on the summer -- having to suffer the past few months without knowing if Trent was even going to forge ahead was bordering on unbearable!

EDIT: FWIW -- I was absolutely slayed last week when I saw this. Here's hoping you have the same experience.

Last edited by Future Proof; 05-21-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:04 PM
chems1919
mouseman

You just made my day with that vid Future Proof. I thought they were just doing a cover of Cars at first and then the camera panned over and I was like "holy hell..that's Gary Numan!" Love it.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:18 PM
chems1919
mouseman

If anyone is interested, you can now download the free EP from their website: http://www.howtodestroyangels.com/store/

It's 320 kbps...pretty damn good quality for a free download. I've only sampled a bit of it; I'll have to listen to the rest tomorrow but so far it's quite awesome. Enjoy, my brethren.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:41 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Future Proof - thanks a lot for that. I got to see Numan in a pretty small venue and it was amazing. The guy's definitely found his step again...still it's good to see Reznor support the guy when NIN draws a way bigger crowd. I looooved their cover of "Metal".
Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Interesting EP - "A Drowning" and "Space Inbetween" are absolute classics that I can't get out of my head (and I'm having fun remixing both since the multitracks are up on remix.nin.com), "The believers" is all right, and the other 3 tracks are unlistenable sub-NIN tosh.