Dirty Forums > headset.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
kid cue
ryooong

Re: Burial
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherLovesDub
certainly Burial isn't part of the Dubstep scene. he's going through great lengths to not be seen as coming from any camp. i think you are making a distinction between Burial and Various because you think Various is cheesy while Burial has cred. Various and Burial are both on the periphery of Dubstep. Neither deserves to be labelled Dubstep.
why do you have to come up with a personal issue that people have whenever they disagree with your musical opinions? i don't think Various is cheesy and i never said anything like that. Burial obviously DOES have cred; that's 50% of what i've been trying to say.

he is a pretty unique figure in that he & his music are based on being an observer/commentator on the scene, but they're also embraced by the scene.

Quote:
If you asked Burial what kind of music he makes do you think he'd say Dubstep?
i don't know. for this purpose, it doesn't really matter what he thinks. dubstep loves Burial and so he is a part of it. i do know that he himself is part of the dubstep scene, and that he adores El-B and DMZ productions, while being well aware his music isn't made for the dancefloor. i don't know what that all means wrt whether discogs.com should be able to give him a dubstep tag or not, and i don't care.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:40 AM
Leon
bungalow

The only song I really can't stand though, is Shell Of Light. track 10 on the album, just like Broken Home on the first album, which I can't stand either. What the fuck was he thinking.

For the rest, I'm enjoying it really much.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
kid cue
ryooong

i feel the same way about Shell of Light, it sounds like Charles Webster (who i like, but.........). still trying to get into it.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:30 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

so - I finally got the flac of the album off of bleep

and daaaaaamn

some of that bass is heavy

it's crazy how dependent the music is on having the audio in uncompressed format... and I feel it's much more noticeable on Burial's second album than on the first

I also finally got around to buying that "Mary Anne Hobbs - Warrior Dubz" compilation... I already had a good portion of the tracks on it, but there were some I either wanted in lossless (b/c I only had them in mp3) or still hadn't scored a copy of a couple of others

if there was only like... one club within the loose region around the midwest that played this shit, as the only chances I have to get a proper listen of that deep sub-bass is in my car or at my father's home on his magna-planar speakers
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
i feel the same way about Shell of Light, it sounds like Charles Webster (who i like, but.........). still trying to get into it.
Hey Kid Cue, as you seem to be the "expert" around here for this kind of music: I'm looking for an off tha hook, raw, hard grime set. I Luv U (sorry to give you this obvious example, I'm new to the music) kinda stuff. Loud crashing snares and aggressive rapping. And bass of course.

Do you know a good one?
Old 11-16-2007, 12:21 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

what's wrong with shell of light?

what wrong with any of it, actually
Old 11-16-2007, 04:51 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

yea - "Untrue" is a fabulous album, and it def much more cohesive of an album over the first one
Old 11-17-2007, 06:34 AM
kid cue
ryooong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Hey Kid Cue, as you seem to be the "expert" around here for this kind of music: I'm looking for an off tha hook, raw, hard grime set. I Luv U (sorry to give you this obvious example, I'm new to the music) kinda stuff. Loud crashing snares and aggressive rapping. And bass of course.

Do you know a good one?
in 2007 it doesn't get any better than:

Fuck Radio 5

(Ghetto, Devlin, Griminal, Chipmunk, Lightning, Big Seac, et al on Ghetto's birthday)
Old 11-18-2007, 01:26 PM
GforGroove
marca libre

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman
what's wrong with shell of light?

what wrong with any of it, actually
Yeah! What's wrong with Shell of light? i looove it. But i do love more the fainted female voice in Raver. Oh man, Untrue is such a HOT album.

But really, UK is the most beautiful thing.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Leon
bungalow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid cue
in 2007 it doesn't get any better than:

Fuck Radio 5

(Ghetto, Devlin, Griminal, Chipmunk, Lightning, Big Seac, et al on Ghetto's birthday)
Thanks, been enjoying it. I'm finally getting into this shit.