//\/\/
slogging it out

lemon jelly...
...wtf are they up to these days?
Old 09-11-2009, 01:38 PM
Bargo
pants

Re: lemon jelly...
I actually wondered the same thing a few months back so did a bit of googling, turned out they'd recently decided to put the band on a hiatus whilst they did their own solo or side projects.

Which is a shame cause I really adore all three of their albums! Space Walk never ceases to make me smile and give me goosebumps right when that beat kicks in.

Last edited by Bargo; 09-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM
mmm skyscraper
fac123

The Staunton Lick was great at the end of Spaced.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 AM
//\/\/
slogging it out

they were pretty consistent - 'his majesty king raam' is a lovely one for dropping off to!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
matt
old man einstein

Fred Deakin posted the following on the lj forum in Jan 2008

Quote:
Hi All,

Just to let you know that after many lengthy discussions me and Nick have come to the conclusion that we won't be doing any more Jelly anytime soon. We certainly haven't ruled out the prospect of hooking up in the future but for various reasons there will be no new music from Lemon Jelly in 2008 for sure. Thought you'd like to know.

Apologies! They do say that a pleasure deferred is a pleasure doubled but I don't think anyone could make an album that good. I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say that we are incredibly grateful for your support and are still hopeful that we can re-emerge at some point with something worthy of your attention.

In the meantime there will be other stuff coming out from us individually and in collaboration with others over the course of the year. And the new Hot Chip album is the nuts.

Big love,

Fredxxx
They've done nothing since then although Mr Deakin has released a couple of mix cds including the rather tasty Nu Balearica which is a great introduction to the "genre" if you're not familiar with it. If you are, you'd probably already have most of the tracks but it's still a nicely put together double mix cd
Old 09-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Ally
Henreeeeeeeeeecat! :)

Send a message via MSN to Ally
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
They've done nothing since then although Mr Deakin has released a couple of mix cds including the rather tasty Nu Balearica which is a great introduction to the "genre" if you're not familiar with it. If you are, you'd probably already have most of the tracks but it's still a nicely put together double mix cd
Pales in comparison to The Triptych though - hands down the best compilation I've ever heard, and that's coming from an Optimo go-er.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:21 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Hoping the hiatus ends soon!

Loved .ky and Lost Horizons. '64-'95 is a cool idea and generally more agressive, but it doesn't compare to their ambient, cheeky earlier bliss.

if you can track down a live recording, do it. They're crazy good!
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
bless 'em.

Two top, top blokes.

I finished my touring life working with their Feb 2003 tour. It was a tiny crew, their first time out on the road as a duo ( I think) - everyone pitching in - a ton of fun. One bus, one truck

We did a matinee performance in North London - can't recall the venue, but might have been the Forum - for kids, with balloons, clowns, facepainting, the whole lark, Nick and Fred did the gig wearing Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble masks.

They didn't have an opening act - so it was bingo for all of the punters. We needed a bingo caller, and I drew the short straw. Had to get online and download a cheat sheet for the numbers... "two fat ladies, legs eleven... etc" My final ever touring gig had me on stage in various small venues across England and Scotland, wearing a gold lame jacket, calling bingo numbers while Nick in a death costume, complete with skull mask and scythe handed out prizes. Some cracking pictures in my archive.

I'd jump off stage and get on with my real job with the video stuff for the show, help load out at midnight, push some boxes for the lampies, then get on the bus and enjoy a pint with them.

Lovely, lovely blokes. A wonderful way to stop touring.

Thanks for the reminder Nutters - I'll play them in class tomorrow.

- S. Colbert
Old 09-14-2009, 04:08 AM
sanblaster
Niet een Engelsman

I went to that tour's gig in Madrid, chuck! Sala Heineken if I'm not mistaken.

Top memories. I saw them @ Benicassim in 2005 too. Always great.
Pass me the ventolin I need some more
We have ways of making you think
They told me over a drink
Old 09-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
if you can track down a live recording, do it. They're crazy good!
without wishing to be the voice of doom, saw em in manchester and few years ago and thought they were awful/boring. did nothing for me although chuck's bingo story above is quality
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.