Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > underworld.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Badger
pants

Live 2007 Best Of..should it include The Oblivion Ball?
Just had a listen to the Oblivion Ball and i must say i was blown away.

I have seen all the in depth discussion in the Ball thread but i don't wanna get involved in all that here all i can say is that i loved the new improv/added parts to classic tunes. Dark Train especially knocked me over and Born Slippy/Monkey Wink and Pearl's Girl made me smile like The Joker sucking on laughing gas.

Now the question I wanna raise here is when i start compiling a Best Of Live 2007 Cd set that i want to work on do i include tracks from the Oblivion Ball set?

I have purchased all the Live discs so it could be interesting to throw a few of the Japan ones into the mix but i wanted to see what a few other people here think.

And I know there will be those that say because of it's uniqueness Japan should just stay seperate but maybe some of the Japan ones thrown in with the best of UK tour could make a great compilation?

So let me know some of your options.

BAdger
Old 12-27-2007, 12:47 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Live 2007 Best Of..should it include The Oblivion Ball?
i didnt really hesitate to throw it in. it was always planned as part of "the rainbow" of live releases and keeps the same visual theme as the others.
interestingly enough, i just today finished working on it (i cant really kill off my bank account getting this yet after buying so many christmas presents so i recorded it off the stream in surprisingly good quality) and i must say, despite the reservation and debate that i pretty much started, the run of two months off down to nuxx wink is shockingly good, and the rest are at least up to par with the others. i guess it's just the one that sparked it.

anyway i made mine and it's awkward in places, even when it's mixed in, but it suits me for what i want to hear and that's all that's important with this sort of personalized fiddling.

CD1
Dirty Epic (Glasgow)
Can You Feel This Bass/King of Snake (Birmingham)
Kittens (London 2)
Beautiful Burnout (Glasgow)
Bamboo (Manchester)
Pearls Girl/Shake That Higher (London 2)
Sidestep/Glam Bucket (Birmingham)

CD2
Two Months Off (Japan)
Rowla (Japan)
Born Slippy Wink Nuxx (Japan)
Rez Cowgirl (London 2)
Push Upstairs (London 1)
Everybody Jack/Crocodile (Birmingham)
Small Conker and a Twix/You Do Scribble (London 1)
Nicodemus/Moaner (Manchester)
Old 12-27-2007, 01:08 AM
Badger
pants

Dubman, that's not a bad little compilation there.

I've still not decided what exactly i'm having on mine yet and i'm still in the middle of re-track marking all the UK gigs, which i will also do with the Ball too probably then listen and make my mind up what ones to have on there.

I also like the idea of maybe dropping Jumbo. But i know what i'm like when i start on something like this and i'll probably include all tracks of one version and that'll probably make it a 3 disc affair but what the hell.

I'm also trying to think of maybe an alternate closer to Jumbo or Moaner if something works when i have a real indepth listen on the headphones.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Badger
pants

Also quite nuts having Kittens as your third track! Talk about going for the juggular!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

oh yes. no messing about, little warming up, it's serious business time until it ends. it only calms down when it feels like it might be a good idea.