Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Send a message via ICQ to chuck Send a message via AIM to chuck
Wales robbed by evil All Blacks after history repeats
Or something.

Wales 12 - All Blacks 19.

A decent game played in good spirits by two classic old enemies of the 15-man code.

Apart from the fact that Wales can't seem to figure out how to grow decent grass that can be played on in the Millennium Stadium, it was proper test match. Lots of tension - big tackles - good skills - all that.

In the dying minutes Dan Carter makes a try-saving tackle that is high, but not life threatening - and in the course of the game there've been several tackles of a similar nature. Referee doesn't give a penalty or a yellow card - but the replay is shown several times - and DC is booed and jeered off the pitch.

No bother that Stephen Jones kicked Brendon Leonard in the face earlier on in the match - that's part of the game that is.

But then Warren Gatland chucks his toys out of the pram - accusing the ref of bias, in an almost Alex Ferguson like rant and even the breathless bint from the BBC, who's doing the sideline work can't stop asking DC about his high tackle.

So DC gets cited - and will appear before the judiciary.

If he's suspended for one match - it will be a dangerous precedent - as it's not fucking tiddlywinks - it's rugby. But that will allow Gatland (the moaning, whinging, pathetic former Kiwi) to say Wales were robbed and deflect the blame from his coaching abilities.

If he's not suspended - Gatland can claim it's a conspiracy and that the All Blacks are treated better than other teams etc, etc....

I'm impressed at the majority of Welsh fans - who are ignoring the hype - and think it's a big beatup. Even Roberts - who was hit by Carter in the tackle thought it was a bit of nothing really. Gatland should just trade in his NZ passport - he's an embarrassment to the country.

Needless to say it's the general media silliness of the end of year rugby tours.

In other games... Sir Johnny W made it back onto Twickenham - kicked a dropgoal - and England lost.

The Bokke beaten by Leicester! Fantastic!

Roll on the San Siro.

- S. Colbert
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 AM
matt
old man einstein

Re: Wales robbed by evil All Blacks after history repeats
To be honest mate, most people here think the citing is ridiculous. Yes it should have been a penalty, could possibly have been a yellow card, but to get cited for it after the match and now face a possible one match ban is well over the top.

Wales were well beaten on the day by an average (by their standards) AB side. I honestly do believe it would have been different if we'd had Mike Phillips, Adam Jones and Lee Byrne fit but its the nature of the modern game that there's always likely to be a few star players injured these days.

As for the booing of Carter it seemed more of a pantomime thing. Plus the problem with the AIs is that tickets are a lot more freely available to the general public than they are for the 6Ns and so you tend to get a lot more of the pink cowboy hat wearing brigade in the ground rather than true rugby fans.

And as for why the BBC continue to employ that clueless Sonia bint, I have absolutely no idea. She's an embarrassment and seems to know less about rugby than my gran. My favourite bit of hers was when she was interviewing Scotland's Simon Danelli after one of the 6N games last season.

"So Simon, is your return to form and the Scottish team due to the fact you've returned to Scotland to play your club rugby?"

SD (looking bemused): "Um, no Sonia. I play for Ulster."

"Yes, but you're soon to be joining Glasgow are you not?"

"No, I'm not. I've just signed a new contract with Ulster"

Cue embarrassed silence for a few seconds until producer hastily cuts back to studio.

Anyway, it would have been nice to have taken your scalp but to be honest I'd rather Wales perform in the 6N this year rather than the AIs.

And one final word. Gethin Jenkins: Legend
Old 11-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Dunwho
Big Time

I would be a firm believer that a high tackle is the sort of offence that should be delt with on the pitch and then forgotten about, if it doesn't get called then it should be forgotten about and left to some pundit to go on about for awhile.. there are a lot of things that happen in the game that go without punishment and thats just the way things are, the players have learned to get on with it, and so should the manager!

If you compare this high tackle to others everyone would agree that it is nowhere near life threatening... it is a high tackle, and perhaps it should have been a peno (and maybe a yellow) but to be cited for it is absolutely ludicrous... if there was malice involved then perhaps but this was simply a rugby player playing the game and high tackles will happen!

It wasnt a stamping... a gouging.. a fight.... and defo not a citable high tackle... Gatland needs to sit down and sort out how he carries himself infront of a camera!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 AM
chuck
i'm getting older too

And Carter is banned for a week.

From a game which he wasn't going to play in anyway. hahaha

But he'll be back for the big money game at Twickenham - so the IRB will get all the cash they'd planned.

What a crock of steamy poo the IRB judicial process has become.

Now apparently - any accidental high tackle will receive a 1-week suspension.

Wales might end up playing the Samoan 7s side in a couple of weekends if they get lucky. The island boys like their tackling - but the game is in danger of becoming run by moany arse former Kiwi coaches - and random media types who know sweet nothing about the code.

Dunwho - you're right - even Martin Roberts said the same - what happens on the pitch stays on the pitch - you shake hands after and get on with it.

Speaking of moany tubby bastards - Gatland has now come out and said he didn't want Carter banned. Make up your insufferable mind you dopey little dickhead. Reading that article you've been listening to too many sports psychologists.

No disrespect the Welsh fans - because this is not about them - Gwald has been unanimous in rubbishing the citing as well. I do wonder if a decision and precedent like this won't come back to haunt them - tackles like that occur in every game - and if the citing process of the IRB is to be worth anything - all tackles like that must be cited.

But I won't hold my breath.

Still no mention from Sean Edwards about what he thinks of Stephen Jones kicking Brendon Leonard in the head. A red card Sean? Or a citing perhaps? No mention of it from the AB camp either - because that sort of thing happens sometimes - you leave it on the field and have a beer afterwards.

Wait - I must away, I hear the wings of Saint Brian "I could have doied" O'Driscoll approaching......

- S. Colbert
Old 11-11-2009, 02:42 AM
matt
old man einstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
No disrespect the Welsh fans - because this is not about them - Gwald has been unanimous in rubbishing the citing as well. I do wonder if a decision and precedent like this won't come back to haunt them - tackles like that occur in every game - and if the citing process of the IRB is to be worth anything - all tackles like that must be cited.
Not sure if I'm misreading this paragraph but it's nothing to do with us that Carter got cited. The citing commissioner is independent (and Australian!) and it was his call to cite Carter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Wait - I must away, I hear the wings of Saint Brian "I could have doied" O'Driscoll approaching......
Funnily enough, he was banging about that tackle again only yesterday
Old 11-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Rog
the fuckest upest

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt View Post
what do you expect from the daily fuckin mail?
Old 11-12-2009, 04:38 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Quote:
Plus the problem with the AIs is that tickets are a lot more freely available to the general public than they are for the 6Ns and so you tend to get a lot more of the pink cowboy hat wearing brigade in the ground rather than true rugby fans.
for football read jester hats.............who r yh, who r yh *repeat* I blame murdoch and sly

oh and beeb needs to keep sonia, she's comedy gold, obviously unintentionally, but comes out with a few corkers every time she graces our screen, much like that muppet spoony on 606. but remember the beeb aren't dumbing down, no sir
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

Quote:
Not sure if I'm misreading this paragraph but it's nothing to do with us that Carter got cited. The citing commissioner is independent (and Australian!) and it was his call to cite Carter.

Matt - agree with you - I've nothing but respect for the Welsh fans, the ones I've been reading online have been pretty dismissive of the citing. And yeah - I know that the WRFU wouldn't have had any direct way of getting Carter cited.

IMO the citing in some fashion must have been influenced by Gatland's bleating - so I'll repeat I think he's a whingy fat bastid (Kiwi or not) - but I do think the IRB citing process is a bit of a joke anyway. Either every unintentional high tackle gets cited from now on - or it was a politically motivated decision.

Yeah - read that BOD article - he's such a gentleman isn't he? Maybe he has a book coming out?

- S. Colbert
Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
chuck
i'm getting older too

I hope this weekend's result is proof that Gatland needs to look to his own needs before worrying about how many players from the mighty South Pacific are on the paddock.

Samoa play with 14 men for 60 minutes of the 80 minute game - and still manage to be within a whisker of winning the match.

Can someone hire a groundsman that can sort out the paddock in Cardiff - it's getting worse.

The Bokke beaten by France!

Worst anthem rendition ever!

All Black scrum beaten up/arse-whipped at the San Siro - but Lucky Luke's boot does the business and the Blackness scrape a 20-6 win against the Italians.

Scotland do Fiji.

England sorts out the Argentinians.

Did the Wallabies play?

- S. Colbert

Last edited by chuck; 11-14-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:26 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

We (Ireland) playnn australia today. Really looking forward to it, first time we've gotten going since the 6N Win. I Dont think we will come out on top but it should be a good contest. We always have a good few hiccups this time of yer and Munster and Leinster havnt been firing on all guns (eventhough they are doing well in the Magners League).

BOD Will bring up THAT tackle every so often but for the most part it has been forgotten and i think that was yet another attempt at stirring up some shit by the Daily Mail. He is a fantastic player and has relly put in some great performances in recent times, not to mention the commitment for the 6N.

Your all just jealous! :P

OH! And he already has a book out about himself and THAT tackle