is playing his didgeridoo

Send a message via ICQ to Winston Send a message via MSN to Winston
Re: jesus camp
indeed, next week it's in theaters, i'm going to watch, just outta curiousity

Old 09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
galama
mouseman

This kind of extremism is equivalent to Jihad. Shit is scary.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Malt Refund
croatoa

Just saw this. Fucking terrifying. Can't wait until we have another civil war in this country when we finally get to erradicate these people. I give it 20 years.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:57 PM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt Refund
Just saw this. Fucking terrifying. Can't wait until we have another civil war in this country when we finally get to erradicate these people. I give it 20 years.
That is exactly what they are aiming for. Armageddon. By provoking Armageddon it means that Christ will come back on earth, 'cos that's what the Book of Revelations says, right? That is why so many of the fundamentalist Christian right support Israel vehemently too. Because they believe that Armageddon will only arise when Israel is fully returned to the Promised Land (which geographically includes parts of Palestine, Syria and the Lebanon).

This type of thinking is about as logical and intellectually sounds as the idea of frogs making it rain by croaking in "The Emerald Forest". Scares the shit out of me to think that the President of the USA believes this crap too.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:31 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBurnout
That is exactly what they are aiming for. Armageddon. By provoking Armageddon it means that Christ will come back on earth, 'cos that's what the Book of Revelations says, right? That is why so many of the fundamentalist Christian right support Israel vehemently too. Because they believe that Armageddon will only arise when Israel is fully returned to the Promised Land (which geographically includes parts of Palestine, Syria and the Lebanon).

This type of thinking is about as logical and intellectually sounds as the idea of frogs making it rain by croaking in "The Emerald Forest". Scares the shit out of me to think that the President of the USA believes this crap too.
Thank you so much for saying that.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Quote:

Regarding Bush, your comment just made me wonder....are there any atheist presidents/prime ministers/rulers anywhere? If not, then they all hold some beliefs that I personally find a bit scary.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Stephen
Hi! I'm Barry Scott!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
Regarding Bush, your comment just made me wonder....are there any atheist presidents/prime ministers/rulers anywhere? If not, then they all hold some beliefs that I personally find a bit scary.
Was it you who posted that thing about all the US presidential election candidates Sean? I flicked through it to find out exactly that and not one of them seemed willing to volunteer any atheist tendencies. Not that I was at all surprised.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 AM
myrrh
a small-minded madman

Quote:
That is why so many of the fundamentalist Christian right support Israel vehemently too. Because they believe that Armageddon will only arise when Israel is fully returned to the Promised Land (which geographically includes parts of Palestine, Syria and the Lebanon).

Too bad for them that Mount Sinai and the Promised Land was in south western modern day Saudi Arabia.