Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:03 PM
the mongoose
talks to God

UP
Yet another great masterpiece from Pixar. Very emotional journey that has plenty of laughs (Kevin the snipe and Doug the talking dog especially) and enough going on visually to keep the kids entertained. The story pulls no punches and will have you on a roller coaster of emotions.

Watch this scene where "Kevin" the snipe shows up and starts acting protective....lol:

Old 05-30-2009, 02:14 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: UP
Thing about Pixar - they take concepts that on paper don't appeal to me at all (e.g. Nemo, Wall-E) and just charm you nonetheless. "Up" is another in that line, but after reading the reviews, i'm looking forward to seeing this!
Old 05-31-2009, 03:14 PM
grady
fac321

See it in 3D if you can. It's worth because in true Pixar fashion, it's a bit understated and subservient to the story, not just a flashy gimmick.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:18 PM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Funny story related to Pixar.

When I went to see the rat movie, alone (no biggy, really), during the scene where the chef boy is having a down moment or other and the whistling's going on, a young girl seated behind me, whom I've never met & most likely never will meet, went to my ear and said, "We're sorry."

Much like everyone else, I have no idea what she was talking about.

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE "UP" NONE-THE-LESS!!!! I mean, considering everyone's pretty much a simulation of anal fornication as a derogatory pun intended for humor as some individuals whose excrement has the smell of lavender my become offended if you say fraked i.e. fucked, at the moment, I could use some good laughs.

aaaaaaand VIOLA!: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30966653/

I've also heard Jack In the Box has a new smoothie to calm you down.

Last edited by jOHN rODRIGUEZ; 06-02-2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

I saw it with my girlfriend who loves Pixar movies (not that I mind, as they're always pretty good). I really liked it and she was even moved to tears twice - there are some pretty powerful scenes there, and it transitions from drama to comedy pretty well. Gotta say I loved Doug the talking dog, great voice work on that one, nearly everything he said was funny. Also pretty amazing visually. Seemed like the adults were enjoying it more than the kids, which is pretty neat now that I'm grown up. Like the other Pixar movies it's destined to be a classic.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 AM
cured
sikk

I caught this in 3D and loved it. The short subject before it was more of a laugh fest whereas "Up" was really adult at times but, for the most part, a great adventure story between an old man and a young boy scout who were driven by similar means. Yet another Pixar classic.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

I liked it a lot! It's what i expected out of Pixar by now, which is basically something wonderful and amazing, but since the previews gave very little of any plot away, i felt as if i was going to be led into a very different kind of movie. maybe simple, slice-of-life (with one fantastical twist) kind of movie, maybe with "Straight Story" kind of vibes. certainly something that didnt feature an extremely rushed villain with zero dimension to muck it up with pointless adversity. you could even tell how much they could have gone into his character as opposed to excusing his sudden turn by being "already crazy." russel and carl are great together though, and the less complicated the movie was the more enjoyable it was. the alpha dog's voice was a great touch to diffuse a lot of the real menace out of a generally sweet movie like this, and a lot of the details like russel's confusion at his absent dad and the dogs' sudden turn around (because theres no such thing as an inherently bad domesticated dog) were very thoughtful. it felt like a very extended short, and one that was much better than the piss-poor one they gave us that the beginning of this one.

kinda in the lower half of pixar movies for me, but still the yearly highlight.
Old 10-17-2009, 03:13 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

agreed about the villain thing. That part of the movie didn't feel very well thought out IMO. It also sorta negates some of the effort they go to to show Carl as this frail old man who can barely walk without his stick, by having him running and jumping around like a 20-year old for much of the finale of the film. Also, I don't think it was ever explained why the villain guy had all these "intelligent" dogs. It was fun to have the dogs talk trough their collars, but then they were also flying airplanes...?? That seemed a bit random to me.
Still great fun overall though and all the other characters were great (esp Dug the dog and the crazy bird)
Old 10-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Dunwho
Big Time

Great craic was had with this movie...really enjoyed it!
Old 10-17-2009, 09:17 AM
jOHN rODRIGUEZ
SystematicallyDisadsomthg

Sad thing for me is, I have to wait for new releases at the video rental places to go to the .99 for 5 days. I'm poe. It must be something related to the voices in my head that I'm hearing according to the medical community.

J/K!!!!