4. jumbo
  5. pearls girl
  6. dirty epic
  7. cowgirl
  8. scribble
  9. two months off
  10. spikee
  11. born slippy nuxx
What song did they walk out to? I'm pretty sure it was one of the remixes from Dark&Long (215 Miles?), but does anyone know for sure?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:15 AM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoleman99 View Post
What song did they walk out to? I'm pretty sure it was one of the remixes from Dark&Long (215 Miles?), but does anyone know for sure?
It was Most 'Ospitable
Old 06-22-2015, 12:19 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Most 'Ospitable.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:25 AM
khouri
khondo dweller

Every track was performed wonderfully, and some variations have been introduced to the dubno songs since the first show in London. The house and the band were in tremendously high spirits. I think only the longtime dirties migh have been disappointed by the start/stop nature of the performance, but it seemed many people were unhappy that dubno was not performed in full. This was really the only opportunity for Americans to experience it live. A pity, but as I said the songs that were played were pristine.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:43 AM
cdave2
dancin' fool

I see you guys are still up.

Amazing show. No, it wasn't Dubno as expected, but I'll happily take the unexpected from UW. I was afraid we might have revisited Chicago 2002 when the sound cut out during "Jumbo," but fortunately it was only a momentary glitch.

Really enjoyed Jungle as well - it's high praise indeed to make this comparison, but some of their material strongly reminded me of Chic.

gcoleman99 and dubnobasswithme, it was wonderful to see you again after all these years. Troy McClure, jetpig, Chris M and whatkilesaid, great to meet you!

We waited outside the artists' entrance for a chance to say thanks until we were told they would absolutely not be coming out. Not surprising, it's Father's Day and their families were with them. I did hear a comment from one of the crew that there are hopes for a more extensive tour next year - let us hope that turns out to be true!

Thanks to everyone for a magnificent evening. Now off to grab four hours of sleep before I head to the airport.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Vibe was great, a wonderful first show, glitches and all! I had avoided any setlist expectations, thankfully, and was ready for anything; I missed the guitars on stage, but that's about it. PG was straight outta EE, Scribble was in the Maida Vale style, Skyscraper was lacking it's album ending section, and Spikee was abbreviated, though tastefully, and everything had some small flourishes. Good to meet everyone, travel safe, and here's to hoping next time isn't too long from now!
Old 06-22-2015, 01:32 AM
kagenaki koe
children are futura

Since this is the 5th time I've seen them live since 99, I must say every concert has been different (also didn't help that this is the first non open floor venue I've seen them in, this is the first I watched the show far away from close to the stage)

a bit mildly disappointed too since it seemed like they would be playing dubno in its entirety at first, then the song stop song nature of the performance (spoiled by the previous shows where they would normally do 2-3 songs seamlessly to start their shows) but from the darker tone of Pearl's Girl followed by a slower brooding rendition of Dirty Epic to progressively more and more upbeat and anthemic songs all the way to the end...it may not have been the old long non-stop improvs, but the flow from Pearls Girl to the end was a very nicely paced tempo and performance (it felt like it kept building up even with the stops in between songs). I was expecting an encore of Dark Train or Moaned to top it off, but considering its an open air Sunday event its understandable how there was no encore.

speaking of Dirty Epic, I remembered when that was a song that rarely made the live set list...the wiltern 2002 was only the 2nd time it was played I think, complete with a blazing green laser light show, and the only time I've watched them perform it in its album form (now we get the Darren Price era dark groover version). So it was nice to see a slightly subtler dark version of most people's favorite track
Old 06-22-2015, 01:52 AM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Yeah. I particularly enjoyed Karl's singing on "Dirty Epic"...very soulful. You could tell he was trying to revisit that mindset. It's bittersweet, but it made for an outstanding performance.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:54 AM
jumbotron
river

Fantastic show. Very unexpected but welcome setlist given the prior shows. The band and particularly Karl were in a great mood.

I noticed a few of the prime center front pool boxes cleared out early - had to beat traffic or get back to tend the wine cellar, I guess.

Tbh, not at all disappointed in the lack of front to back dubnobass - imo was the right call for that venue and that night and I'm very grateful to have been able to make the trip from NY . Thanyouuw
Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM
amhilde
mouseman

LA Times review posted;

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...22-column.html

Sounds like you guys done good with the glowsticks! Can't wait to see everyone's photos...