Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > treatment.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:03 PM
adam
blue

The Safety of Objects
This movie was recommended to me by the clerk at the nearby video store, and I'm passing that recommendation on here. It's a sort of suburban ensemble piece that follows three or four families as they try and deal with their various emotional issues they respectively encounter, some in the wake of a major tragedy, and some just in the course of everyday life. It's quite good, Glenn Close in particular. A deleted a comparison to another movie here because I don't think you need that comparison in your head when you watch it, and I'll bet you you can guess exactly what movie I was thinking of if you do see it. Anyway, a good, sad, drama. Not sure what year it was released, but it's not going to be in New Releases.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:52 PM
grady
fac321

Re: The Safety of Objects
I liked this film when I saw it when it came out in theaters back in 2001. At the time I had been on an A.M. Homes kick and had been reading some of her stories that had appeared in the issues of McSweeny's at that point and then happened on the book and movie within about a month or so of each other.