Now playing on dirty.radio: Loading...

Dirty Forums > headset.

Old 05-22-2006, 04:44 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

Yeah Yeah Yeah's
Came across the YYY's a good few years ago and after hearing maps, asked peeps here what they thought and was recommended 'fever to tell' which i love.

don't think i've seen a topic about their sophomore effort 'show your bones' which shows a real maturation in their writing. while i'll admit i still prefer the first, it's always good to hear a band expand on their sound and produce something different yet still enjoyable to their first. 'gold lion' is a great pop/rock song, and apart from track 3 the first half of the album could all be singles imo.

anyways reason for this post is i caught the band live in manchester on saturday night, and it was quite simply stunning. it wouldn't be hyperbole to say they're one of the best bands i've seen live in well over 15 years of going to gigs; and one of the very few bands who sound better live than on record. all 3 of them were individually brillant, but together are more than the sum of their parts. catch em if you can
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:48 AM
Eikman
a life less extraordinary

Re: Yeah Yeah Yeah's
i must admit that i kinda like the new album, especially "way out". but on the other hand, i'm also enjoying some stuff off the Arctic Monkeys record.....what is happening to me?

Old 05-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Tiger
Freaknik!

your getting older eik, a good mate of mine was in the car last week and i was playing him jose gonzalez which i think is an amazingly produced acoustic guitar album. after 3 songs he switched it and said 'you'll be listening to cold(pleasedon't)play and snore partol next'

anyways some of the artic's tracks are brillant with witty observations on modern life, however some of the tracks sound overproduced rubbish that monkeys like mcfly would put out. oh well, i remember what i was like when i were 18 so i'm not gonna criticise em.
You take the piss again and i'll remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock. Then i'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle every time i hear something i don't like - which will be every time that something comes on - i will skip to the next track by crushing your balls.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Dirty0900
Only £50 a show,book now.

Dont like the new album at all compared to their first.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:31 PM
absolute zero
river

I like 'Way Out' better than any track on Fever to Tell, but I think Fever to Tell is a better album. Show Your Bones seems somewhat tired out and downhill halfway through.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:22 PM
monkeyboy
punk

their first album is far more chaotic and thats what i like
Old 06-19-2006, 10:58 PM
dirtytomato
river

Send a message via AIM to dirtytomato Send a message via Yahoo to dirtytomato
What I enjoy the most about the YYYs is their energy when performing live. At least in my case, I can't help but jump up and down and sing along with Karen, which is exactly what I did when I saw them again last weekend. But I agree with those that enjoy Fever to Tell more than Show Your Bones. Fever to Tell was a great album from start to finish, and while I enjoy the melodic, mature sound of this latest album, I feel there are definite holes. The hard guitar sound/solos have been subdued, replaced by songs like Warrior. My favorite though is Phenomena.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Tania
Black Giraffe

You know its funny, a few years ago Scott and I promoted Dirtyradio at one of their Concerts...this was before I was aware of how much I'd eventually like them. I love their energy, and her voice. why didnt I stay and watch their show? ...oh well =P