Coldplay
New Coldplay album isnt bad imho...
Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
lol = Pretty much what i thought about you and your anus.
Calderas don't burn,really...they're the collapsed oriface of a volcano. i'm a geologist, so i know. If your anus is burning and caldera-like, well, there's a story to tell about that.

THink we'd better just lock this one. i'll keep listening to MoldyOldyPlay, you all keep affirming they suck. It's a win-win proposition.
i'm sure if you stood at the edge of a caldera it'd be very very hot. i guess that still makes it toilet humor. which means i'm not taking it very seriously.
so i'm not locking anything, because dirty is too sensitive to vehemence, much less name-calling and rampant silliness... and frankly the more activity going on in headset, the better. getting "involved" in here, whether it's silly or not, reminds people that this forum is still here and maybe they should post more threads.
guess i'll start?

Last edited by dubman; 07-13-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post

THink we'd better just lock this one. i'll keep listening to MoldyOldyPlay, you all keep affirming they suck. It's a win-win proposition.
You're what could be described as collateral damage. From what I can tell you're a reasonable fan who appreciates their solidly crafted hooks and harmonics. That's a respectable position, which means you get unnecessarily hurt when the true evil is confronted. The fan base who see Coldplay as no less than a modern day spiritual movement, who mistaken Chris Martin's whinery as character depth, and solidly crafted hooks and harmonics as modern love illuminated.

See if I were to play hot cross buns, it probably wouldn't offend your ears. You'd be mildly amused even. But if I cut a record of it, wallowed through a video performance, talked about the song's connection with the evils of globalization, and surrounded you with fans who cry "finally someone who understands my beautiful pain the way no one else possibly could", and figured I had enough artistic license to name my kid apple, that shit would get annoying.

Which is why no less than a 40 page hate thread is justified here.

- Mark Twain

Old 07-13-2008, 03:21 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: Moldplay
strangelet's got it

in all honestly the only thing that supremely pisses me off about coldplay is using a delacroix painting for the album cover. if you werent a dilettante you'd realize that's a hackneyed move compared to using Gericault's "Raft of the Medusa" if you were going to dive into the depths of art history for visual inspiration.
it would have been so goddamn awesome that this missed opprtunity (above the other musical ones to a lesser extent) is the only thing that makes me irrationally cheesed at them.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Moldplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubman View Post
strangelet's got it

in all honestly the only thing that supremely pisses me off about coldplay is using a delacroix painting for the album cover. if you werent a dilettante you'd realize that's a hackneyed move compared to using Gericault's "Raft of the Medusa" if you were going to dive into the depths of art history for visual inspiration.
it would have been so goddamn awesome that this missed opprtunity (above the other musical ones to a lesser extent) is the only thing that makes me irrationally cheesed at them.
i know you're joking and that's really funny. but I seriously am annoyed by the artwork. It takes a real genius like delacroix to make sense of something so unfathomable as "liberty."

Its not like you can't use art. Fleet Foxes does it tastefully. Their artwork shows breugel. I get it. Its rustic. They're folk music. Fine.

But delacroix grew up around the desperate cause of the paris commune stuck in finger cuffs between waves of imperialism and royalism. I figure that gives him license to say something about liberty. Using it as a ready made to express one's flatulent self importance for a product bound for starbucks. Sorry just doesn't add up.

Seriously, if Mozart had any inkling his music would soon find its post mortem life squarely in cat food commercials he'd probably just say fuck all y'all and just become a womanizer. And I wouldn't blame him. Because there are rules, dammit.

- Mark Twain

Old 07-14-2008, 02:22 PM
ndrwrld
blue

Re: Bloodplay
who did change the title anyways ?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:16 PM
ndrwrld
blue

Re: Hot-Cross-Bunsplay
haha.
not cool.